US GP Site Announcement

siffert_fan Yes, it was a non-championship F1 race in days of yore but I think Imola might have been the last circuit to host such an event way back in 1979. GP2 would be a good alternative but not a few weeks before for heavens sake!

The view from the start-finish straight to turn one, courtesy of Sky Insider on Twitter.

austin-straight.jpg

Reminds me of the run up to turn one of the A1 Ring ... a sort of mirror image ... and seem to recall that starts there were quite interesting.:thinking:

Edit:

I really enjoy this track on F1 2012. How realistic it is, I cannot say, but the track on the game is really interesting. One thing about T1 is that it is so wide on the way in and the exit is narrower, downhill, off camber down and across the other side of this great big hill they have just put there.

The apex is pretty much on the brow of the hill which kind of runs across the track perpendicular to the start and finish straight. It looks just like Brogan 's picture above. Ask yourself, where do I turn in?

There is going to be a bit of fun up there on Friday morning as drivers figure out how to deal with the weight transfer when going over this brow. :D

The rest of the track is cool too, but I hope the esses section is a bit wider in real life. Let's hope people turn up because they have really thought about the track and gone to enourmous efforts to build it.

That turn 1 is a nightmare for everyone, I am definitely putting a bet on a 1st lap safety car after someone breaks over the hill and the car behind flies into the back of them (maybe literally) :D

Definitely a plus, and will definitely sort the men from the boys. Who does everyone reckon will be the first to try an overtake through turn 1 in open racing rather than at the start?

I'm very much liking the elevation changes.
The esses seem a bit narrow and "Mickey Mouse" but we'll get a better idea once the teams start pounding around it in anger.

Back
Top Bottom