US GP Site Announcement

The Bernster is casting doubt on the 2013 date for the US GP looking like 2014 is possible.

Just as a quick point - this is for the Grand Prix of America (in New Jersey), rather than the US GP, held in Austin... Confusingly, there's also some doubt about the Austin date for 2012, but I'm sure we will see the Austin GP arrive, and the New Jersey race not!

Construction update:
528970_441611999198479_219399881419693_1703518_922934818_n.jpg

I've said it before, but turn 1 could see a lot of incidents.
The cars are going to be very light at the top of that crest so the first lap could be a bit of a crash fest.

Looks like an interesting circuit though, quite old school with all the elevation changes.

The very first thing I noticed about the circuit when it was proposed was the climb up to turn one this is going to make the track unique in F1 and could be very exciting for the viewers and new underwear time for the drivers off of the start line. get turn one wrong and a driver could end up in Kansas bypassing the yellow brick road altogether...

That is a ballsy 1st turn, I think this potentially could be one of the best tilkedromes yet. Unfortunately I can see Americans losing interest and only wanting to keep one F1 circuit which would probably the glamorous New York one.

That first turn is going to be like a rollercoaster :D, i wonder how strict they are going to be on the 'keeping within the lines'?
i suspect the run-off area will be used a lot.
Looks like a decent circuit, I really hope America embraces the event & the FIA doesn't F it up like 2005 :rolleyes:

Good news. It actually looks like a decent track. I guess the proof will only be evident after the lights go out on race day.

Back
Top Bottom