Unable to watch embedded Vimeo videos

snowy

Champion Elect
Nice work KekeTheKing. :D

I am wondering why Vimeo video's won't play direct from the embedded post... I have to click the link to Vimeo?
Is this the same for anyone/everyone else?

I wonder why Vimeo video's won't play direct from the embedded post... I have to click the link to Vimeo?
Is this the same for anyone/everyone else?
I split your post off snowy so we can try to troubleshoot the problem.

What happens when you click on the play icon?
Which browser and OS are you using?

I am using Firefox, Win7, plus I have Flash set up so that it doesn't automatically play video.

When I click on the F icon the > comes up and when I click on that the first frame appears. Unlike with YouTube videos when I click play vimeo vids just sit there and do nothing.

Unfortunately I have forgotten exactly how I stopped Flash from automatically starting up so I can't disable that and check that it hadn't got something to do with it right away. I shall have to have a nose around...

It's odd though as I'm using the iframe version of both Vimeo and YouTube so there must be something specific to Vimeo causing this.

Sorry to cause you concern Brogan. I use a plugin called Flashblock and when I disable it the Vimeo videos play normally. It's obviously just a glitch with Flashblock. :embarrassed:

Thanks for your concern. :)

No worries snowy and thanks for letting me know what causes it.

At least we can rule out any issues with the embed code :)

Back
Top Bottom