Title done and dusted: Fact or Fiction?

Sarinaide

Banned
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/13591355.stm

Refering to this article, obviously there are many races to go and it ain't over till its over, but that said apart from a wrong strategy at Shanghai RedBull and Vettel have made it look Schumacher/Ferrari esque in their domination of the 2011 season.........Realistically nobody looks close to stopping them, I think right now it is just a matter of inevitability rather than anything else.

If normal service resumes, when will it likely be done and dusted?

It all depends on a couple of factors, firstly, how close can the chasing pack get to Vettel before the rules on the exhaust blown diffuser come into effect (this is going to hurt RBR more apparently) and reliability I'd expect Vettel to have at least one DNF this season.

Vettel already has a lead of 2 races after 6/19 (or 20) so he'll have it done and dusted by Round 14 or 15 (Singapore, Japan)

I would think Vettel will win the title again, but I dont think its done and dusted. There will be some twists and turns on the way! He could easily have a bad weekend or someone crash into him (or visa-versa).

McLaren have been faster than Red Bull in the last two races and were unlucky to not win both. If both Lewis and Jenson can get ahead of Vettel for a few races and add to that the fact that Alonso and Ferrari are improving then the gap could soon close. I don't think Vettel will be as impressive when he's fighting amongst the pack, rather than being out front in clear air.

Button won 6 out of 7 at the start of 2009 and that went to the 2nd last race before the title was decided. I think the change to the EBD will have a significant impact on the Red Bull's and, as we have seen, both Ferrari and McLaren are close to Red Bull in race trim. It ain't over 'til it's over.

I do think that it is a lot of races to go an well anything can happen, that said I hope that the chasers are not getting close because of this EBD thing or because of mechanical failure, I would hope it is the progression of Ferrari and McLaren.

I will remain moot on the EBD situation until we actually see its effect in general, if it does hinder the traction and downforce then RBR with what appears to be a lesser KERS system could be very vulnerable.

I've made a few statements in other threads over the past few days that reflect my pessimism on this one. I'll not sully this thread with it as I really don't want to depress anybody any more than I have done already . Enjoy this thread as the subject deserves full and frank discussion. :goodday:

I've made a few statements in other threads over the past few days that reflect my pessimism on this one. I'll not sully this thread with it as I really don't want to depress anybody any more than I have done already . Enjoy this thread as the subject deserves full and frank discussion. :goodday:

so you think it is over? y or n? (just a yes or no)

Pretty much going that way. Not necessarily mathematically but if RBR apply the precautionary principle after a few more podiums they can just cruise to the finish line. A bit like the Monaco GP in a way.:(

Pretty much going that way. Not necessarily mathematically but if RBR apply the precautionary principle after a few more podiums they can just cruise to the finish line. A bit like the Monaco GP in a way.:(

I am with Alonso on this one, they have all the aces, kings, queens and jacks, they can royally flush the competition.

Bookmakers have Vettel at about 1/8. So if we played this Championship 9 times, he'd only lose 1. I personally see this as not being over because i have seen much stranger things happen in Sport and F1. The last 4 championships have all been classics. I wouldn't bet against this being a classic for different reasons. And if the championship is over? Oh well, we still have 14 Grand Prixs that can be won; it seems very unlikely that Seb will win them all. The key is for Mclaren and Ferrari to get ahead of the Red Bulls, then the drivers can go to work.

Also, i think the EBD rules are a mid-season variable that could shake up the order a little mid season.

I will only be convinced that this EBD thing really just makes RBR fall off the cliff when I see it, It may help but I think that car is just pure poetry in cornering, the Prancing Stallion is a bit of a elephant with bunions

The EBD may have an effect, but even if it does we're looking at a 2009 situation. Button was unable to shed that points lead despite very indifferent form.

And remember that one of Button's early wins was only half points!

More races this year though. Given 2 more races in 2009 may he have been caught?

Lets not forget that McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault are all running EBD.Sure Red Bulls may have more effect on their overall parformance.
But McLaren and Ferrari have got closer to Red Bull by refining their EBD's.So if it is banned they will all suffer.

Lets not forget that McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault are all running EBD.Sure Red Bulls may have more effect on their overall parformance.
But McLaren and Ferrari have got closer to Red Bull by refining their EBD's.So if it is banned they will all suffer.

That is it, thats why I am not so sure that the EBD itself will be totally catastrophic and RBR will go southwards from thereon, That said I think othersides have a rather less influential system so their effects(if any) will be less than RBR(if any).

I just think that the car is a perfect race specimen similar to the 99-2004/2005/2006 Ferrari's, the car is less flawless hence likely to do better.

As I remember, this was said about the mass damper in 2006. That ban could have lost Renault the Championship if it hadn't rained in Hungary.

Back
Top Bottom