Movies The worst film you ever saw.

Found a new candidate for this thread.

I've not seen a trailer or read a review but the poster alone merits its inclusion here:

The-Host-Movie-Poster-Large.jpg

It sounds sooooo good and original.

(from the wiki)
In the future, Earth has been colonized by the "Souls", a parasitic alien race which inhabit human bodies, erasing the original occupants. Melanie Stryder, is one of the last free humans alive. On a raid to find food, she meets Jared Howe, another human and the two fall in love. Melanie is chased by a group of Souls, intent on capturing rogue humans. To avoid capture she throws herself down an elevator shaft nearly killing herself. A Soul named Wanderer is inserted into Melanie's body with the hopes of accessing her memories and finding the other humans in her group. Melanie remains partially conscious and bombards Wanderer with her memories of Jared and her brother Jamie. Wanderer begins to form an emotional connection to both and heads into the desert to find their hideout.
Near death from dehydration, Wanderer is found by Melanie's uncle Jeb and taken to a series of desert caves that serve as a hideout for dozens of free humans. Her presence angers many of the residents, who view her as a parasite, but Jeb refuses to allow her to be killed. Eventually, after helping out and showing kindness, Wanderer begins to be accepted by the group, who call her Wanda. She must deal with her increasing attraction to Ian O'Shea, one of the residents and Melanie's continued feelings for Jared. She becomes angry when she discovers that the humans are experimenting with ways to remove Souls from their human hosts, but that the procedure has so far proven fatal for both parties.
When Jamie becomes sick, Wanda uses her identity as a Soul to gain access to a hospital and procure the needed medicine, earning her more trust. However, Wanderer's old seeker tracks her to the caves and kills one of the inhabitants before being captured. Remorseful, Wanda reveals a method for safely extracting Souls from their host body and the humans use it on several of their loved ones. Wanda asks to be removed from Melanie's body so that Melanie can live again, opting to die rather than possess another human. The process is a success; however, her friends go against her wishes and implant her in the body of a human girl whose mind had been left blank after a Soul was extracted. Melanie and Wanda begin romantic relationships with Jared and Ian respectively. At the end of the book, the group runs into another group of surviving humans, which includes another turned soul.

Oh gods, please no, not another one of her "masterpieces" in depressing drivel. You know this will possibly just lead to another book in the 50 shades series as well, though more likely to me being at the top of a clock tower outside a cinema to introduce US postal service justice to anyone watching this drivel :twisted:

Prometheus.

Utter crap.

The plot was a complete rip off of the original Alien but it had none of the suspense or atmosphere.
What a waste of two hours.

Oz the great and powerful.

Was so bad, that me and my friend got up and went to play pool, while the others stayed.

Can someone actually explain to me what was good about Prometheus?

It's the worst film I've seen in the cinema along with Oz the great and powerful.

It was boring, the story was all over the place and never got going, it was just a drag really, it ended poorly, the majority of the things was unexplained.

It is good because if you can follow it, it is the beginning of an explanation of how life started on earth and who planted the seeds it also explains how the ship that was found in the original film came to crash land on that planet and how the "Corporation." knew about it to send the "Nostromo" there in the first place.

The large species in the film weren't the ones who planted the seeds of life on earth they were merely looking for the same thing that we were (Who left the map for them to find, that lead them to that planet/moon.) when they encountered a primitive form of the aliens thousands of years earlier and got infected...

It is simply just one part of a bigger story...

I thought this was obvious....

And I believe there are more films to come, to clarify this...

Back
Top Bottom