Movies The worst film you ever saw.

No Brogan that was a different species you could tell by the design of the spacecraft that was seen in the opening shots of the film it didn't have the two horns looking forward. they were both big but they were not the same species they did share DNA with them as indeed they did with humans, well they would because they and humans were made by them. and at the end of the film the survivor stated that she would carry on looking for the original ones...

This is all in context with the film and not reality unless some people think that I believe it to be real..:D

As a huge fan of the Alien franchise Prometheus was something I've rushed out to see. Whilst I was originally a tad dissapointed I have to say uts one of those films I've spent a lot of time mulling over and discussing what it all means and with lots more viewings its grown in my estimation. Also Fassbender is awesome in it!

Mephistopheles the theory that the giant species were not the engineers is new to me but worth considering. I thought they were the engineers, They had created us ad we'd worshipped us as Gods. They'd gone away and when they came back we had a different relligion so they decided to destroy us for our betrayal.

Vickers is sooooo a robot by the way......

I watched Resident Evil Retribution last night. I wasn't expecting much from the fifth film based on a computer game. But I decided to watch it for quality Milla Jovovich time. But even pretty girls with guns killing zombies for an hour and a half wasn't enough to disguise it was a cut and paste job from the previous films. You could write the plot on the back of a postage stamp. Sexy but boring. And theres another one on the way. I hope they actually try writing a script for the next one.

No Brogan that was a different species you could tell by the design of the spacecraft that was seen in the opening shots of the film it didn't have the two horns looking forward. they were both big but they were not the same species
All humans don't look alike and there are multiple human space craft designs.

It amuses me how aliens are always depicted as being absolutely identical and all seemingly one huge tribe/race, when in reality their planets are going to mimic ours in terms of different races, groups, nations, etc.

What amuses me is that in films like The Thing and Independence day the aliens are portrayed as a mindless vicious creatures who's only motivation is to kill in the most horrible way possible and yet they somehow created spaceships with faster than light drives, and instead of using the technology for exploration searching for other lifeforms to learn from they just go about the place like homicidal maniacs who can't be reasoned with....

Recently saw The Place Beyond The Pines. It felt as long as watching all three LotR films back to back, and was less interesting than counting fluff on the carpet. Even the lovely Eva Mendes couldn't save this bag of shite. Major yawn-fest.

:whistle: :snigger:

Place beyond the pines wasn't that bad, wasn't that good either. Nothing actually happened but I've seen worse.

There's no excuse for that soccerman. It's a joke of a film franchise aimed at scaring teenage girls. After the pathetic offerings of 1,2 & 3 why on earth did you watch the 4th film?

Wasn't my decision. Someone had the bright idea to put it on at a party. We were sitting in the back laughing at the movie and eventually stopped paying attention and got yelled at for talking too much.

What amuses me is that in films like The Thing and Independence day the aliens are portrayed as a mindless vicious creatures who's only motivation is to kill in the most horrible way possible and yet they somehow created spaceships with faster than light drives, and instead of using the technology for exploration searching for other lifeforms to learn from they just go about the place like homicidal maniacs who can't be reasoned with....

Science Fiction is a vehicle for examining the "Human Condition". The Aliens are a reflection of humanity, humans are almost entirely fictional and represent nothing and no one living or dead.

Back
Top Bottom