Movies The worst film you ever saw.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
This evening, courtesy of Sky Anytime, I've had the mis-fortune to watch Megafault.

Sadly it was one of Brittany Murphy's last films and although not a great actress she deserved better than this. The film is badly scripted, poorly directed, the acting is wooden and there are lots of pauses presumably as the idiot boards are held up for the actors to read. You would hope that a film about earthquakes would at least have decent special effects but think Dr Who in the 1980's (yes, Sylvester McCoy bad).

Marks out of 10? -2

It's so bad you have to watch it.
 

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Sorry but I couldn't last more than the opening scene with the 4WD trying to outrun the crack which kept changing direction to follow it LOL
 

fat jez

Race Winner
Valued Member
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Spiderman 3 were both pretty pants (this proving that bad things come in 3's LOL). I'll see if I can come up with anything worse.
 

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
I watched the start of a very poor and disturbing film last night; The Fourth Kind.

The film itself is rubbish but they use live footage and one scene was of a man shooting his wife and kids and then himself.
Not the kind of thing I want to see in a movie.
 
Brogan said:
I watched the start of a very poor and disturbing film last night; The Fourth Kind.

The film itself is rubbish but they use live footage and one scene was of a man shooting his wife and kids and then himself.
Not the kind of thing I want to see in a movie.
I would have to disagree with you, its not actually a bad movie. Disturbing - yes, but does that qualify it as bad?
Irreversible is a very disturbing movie, but is brilliantly directed, edited and acted. Also, very controversial, but I'm not sure the graphic violence and some very disturbing scenes make it bad. :thinking:
 
Boyle99 said:
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Don't think I need to say any more...
Are you fan of Indiana Jones films? If not, I can understand that you don't like it.

P.S. if you want to see a really bad film (or films), check out this company The Asylum. Fascinating that they haven't made a good film. Or a mediocre film. Or a film worth watching. Ever. LOL
 

Boyle

Race Winner
Contributor
On the contrary CC, I love the Indiana Jones films but that last one was a crock - why didn't they just leave it as a trilogy?

And just had a look on that site. 'Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus'? 'Transmorphers'? And 'Titanic II'?!! What the hell were they smoking when they made these films? Which begs the question - how are they still in business?
 

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
Starship Troopers. One of the worst :censored: :censored: >:( >:( >:( :censored: films ever made; how Paul Verhoeven(may he rot in :censored: .....) could take one of the best sci-fi novels EVER written and butcher it for the big-screen has got to be one of the great mysteries of all-time. I'd rather watch a 24-hour marathon of Ishtar than watch Starship Troopers, that's how :censored: bad it was.
 
Boyle99 said:
And just had a look on that site. 'Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus'? 'Transmorphers'? And 'Titanic II'?!! What the hell were they smoking when they made these films? Which begs the question - how are they still in business?
Well, there are some people out there who enjoy "cult of the trash film". And these are the trashiest around.

Boyle99 said:
On the contrary CC, I love the Indiana Jones films but that last one was a crock - why didn't they just leave it as a trilogy?
I love Indiana Jones too, but I consider the 4. movie really good. And in balance with the previous films. (Ok, I really don't like Shia as his son).

Also, there is only one "triology". 8-)
 

Andrea_Moda_Rules

Podium Finisher
Street Fighter the Movie. With iirc, Kylie Minouge in one of the lead roless and Jean-Claude Van Damme as Guile?

Not a patch on the Games at all.
 

tooncheese

Hans Heyer
Contributor
Although the film was largly well recieved, i found The Prestige unbeleivably boring, I gave up after an hour or so.
 

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
I have to nominate any one of the 3 Star Wars "Prequals". The original 3 Star Wars films are great in their own way even though when you look at them with something a little more than a casual eye there are more plot holes than you can shake a large (and I mean seriously large!!) stick at.

The three prequals are dull, unimaginative, boring, poorly acted :censored:

The grand revelation at the end of the third film

Lord Vadar turns to the dark side because he finds out his lover has just willed herself to death out of sadness

I mean for crying out :censored: loud.

And don't get me started on the acting. They didn't use make up on the cast they used wood varnish.

Utter Utter :censored:

:givemestrength:
 

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I would like to add MacGruber to the list of the worst of the worst. Supposedly a spoof on MacGyver (which might have been the problem as I've never seen it) this film isn't even bad enough to be good, unlike the wonderful Ed Wood's films.

If you ever come across this DVD in a remaindered bin or at a car boot sale avoid it like the plague. BTW it has Val Kilmer in it, what ever happened to him? I recall he had some talent at one time...
 

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
Matthew Little said:
Starship Troopers. One of the worst :censored: :censored: >:( >:( >:( :censored: films ever made; how Paul Verhoeven(may he rot in :censored: .....) could take one of the best sci-fi novels EVER written and butcher it for the big-screen has got to be one of the great mysteries of all-time. I'd rather watch a 24-hour marathon of Ishtar than watch Starship Troopers, that's how :censored: bad it was.
I have to disagree there. Starship Troopers 1 isn't that bad compared to Starship Troopers 2 which in itself is a masterpiece compared to the 3rd one. I'm not sure what my worst film is but it will still be worse than that series of films.
 

chreden

Podium Finisher
Contributor
Well until recently I would have had to say House of the Dead by everyone's favourite director Uwe Boll. Then I saw Year One which made HoTD look brilliant.
 

fat jez

Race Winner
Valued Member
I'm pretty sure either of the two Transformers films deserve a dishonourable mention as well. If you like big robots and explosions and no plot, then you'll think they're great. Personally, I prefer a little more substance.
 

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
fat_jez said:
I'm pretty sure either of the two Transformers films deserve a dishonourable mention as well. If you like big robots and explosions and no plot, then you'll think they're great. Personally, I prefer a little more substance.
Transformers is an excellent film when viewed by its target market. You don't watch porn for the plot and the acting, its the same with Transformers. I don't really care that the hot bird bent over the car is as thick as 2 short planks, I want her to get out of the way so we can watch some metal crunching metal with the usual Bay explosions which has made him famous as a director.

Can I also say the trailer for the 3rd one looks amazing!

http://www.transformersmovie.com/
 
Top Bottom