The Wimbledon whenever, yawn, thread or "Is it over Yet?"

Now that it is raining, can't believe that they have Andy Murray on court 1. They should have had Federer and Djokovic on the outside court so they would have to play catch up instead. Maybe the All England club don't really wont him to win at all.

I don't think that they do...I just think they cannot believe....that he's through.
He has being doing a lot of whinging...sounded like he had 'no grip' at times...
Andy seems to have a lot of aches & pains...but today he was bouncing...just what he needed...
As with a lot of things if you believe you can...you're 90% there....the trouble is ..he is the only Brit/Scot left in the Championship....& he does let this weigh on his shoulders....
My advice ...Just :censored: em all & go for it...Enjoy it ...and smile, bounce and give that clenched fist some wellie...
May the force be with you...& the BBC commentators....don't pile on the pressure ...give the bloke a chance...

I was very pessimistic before the tournament started, then Nadal went out and I started feeling more positive. I watched Murray play today and was pleased with what I saw. Ferrer will be a difficult opponent in the quarters.

I would still suggest he's more likely to win one on a hard court.

*CUE MURRAY VICTORY*

Yeah I do agree with that. His three Grand Slam finals have been on hard courts.

The funny thing about the media is that if he goes on to win every slam except Wimbledon he'll be deemed a failure by a few.

Andy feels the pressure ......the press & TV pile it on....he needs to forget all the crap, take the weight off his shoulders & ENJOY.
May he carry on bouncing as he was today..I was hoping Ferrer wouldn't win his match, he is a tough opponent..but Andy has all the shots..if he just keep believing that he can ...& he will..

I didn't care who won between Ferrer and Del Potro...both difficult opponents. I didn't expect Ferrer to win quite so easily though.

I don't think it is the pressure that sees him just fall short, it's been a similar story in the other slams where he isn't surronded by the British journalists.

It was said today..... that when Andy is one & a half sets ahead...he thinks he has won...
Today ....he didn't seem to let up at all......I hope he stays this way.

I've seen Ferrer beat Andy...IMO could have easily been the other way round, F is a terrier of an opponent

If Andy is the only Scot/Brit left in any tournament...he can feel the weight wherever he is .....he seems to feel his country expects him to deliver.
I hope he just enjoys it.... & pulls out all those brilliant shots that he has in his repertoire....He is brilliant when he allows himself to be.

Back
Top Bottom