The Wimbledon whenever, yawn, thread or "Is it over Yet?"

I have massive amounts of respect for tennis players, I can pick up sports and play them naturally, but this is one game I cannot play and be competitive at, it is so hard and demanding, your movement has to be superb and I mean superb, then theres the balance between power and placement, it is so easy to hit the shot with power, but its most likely that the shot wont be in, hit with less power and you've hit the net. The only thing i'm good at is the actual serves.

Moving on to Andy Murray, I'm no fan of his, but why is he so miserable? Because of the British media, every single time, they hype him up, then destroy him in the press, the amount of pressure on this guy is immense, look at any other player in the world and their country would have less expectations. The Scottish press is nowhere near as bad as the english media when it comes to Andy Murray, I would be less charismatic to the media if I had to live with that constantly. Then there's the fact that he's playing in the best tennis era ever, with arguably the three greatest tennis players of all time.

Now todays match, what a game by Lukas Rusol! Nadal wasn't playing badly, it was this guy playing amazingly, his serves we're as good as Andy Roddicks when he was in his prime. He impressed me in the tie breaker in the first set, usually a lower ranked player in that situation would have lost the tie breaker by some margin, he took it to Nadal. Then winning the next two sets quite nicely, big blip in the 4th set, how he held his nerves I don't know.

I've seen a lot of upsets in this tournament already.

Well played Lukas Rusol!

I've moved the recent post to here: http://cliptheapex.com/threads/the-CTA-other-sports-thread.5169/ so that those who want to discuss or bitch about Wimbeldon, i.e. me, can do so.

Don't want it and don't like it Mephistopheles. All sportsmen get angry, I'm told, but you just rein it in and make it work for you during the match/race/whatever.

Watch the final set of Lukas Rosol against Rafael Nadal yesterday and you can see how it works.

Looks like Federer could get knocked out tonight. He is losing 2-0 (sets) to Julian Benneteau (world no. 29)

The Frenchman should have seen it off in the fourth set. By pulling 'a sickie' in the fifth, he let Federer know he was struggling - never a good move.

Some very funny outbursts, I'd forgotten how angry players used to get.
I can't believe they've got a benchmark for quality of racket break &I don't think a player would get away with calling the umpire a jerk like Mr McEnroe did!

We've had two evenings of stellar tennis & almost, but not quite, a double seed knockout.
I still can't see Andy beating Novak or Federer or Rusol, ah well he may get further than the football team did.

Back
Top Bottom