The Wimbledon whenever, yawn, thread or "Is it over Yet?"

I'm not a great Murray fan but was hoping that he would win today. It is unfortunate that he has found himself in a position were there are some incredible players - ten years ago and he would have won many times over. How true that is of many sports!

Well the overpaid chancers at the LTA won't set up any conditions even likely to allow British players to flourish - a fact obscured by the damn luck of them piggybacking off a guy who wasn't even trained by them.

Well at least it is over now and we can wait another year to be disappointed and the big babby ass cried which made me smile..:)

FB you wanted it to be all over (And I did.) it is now........:p

Just the disappointment of the 'lympics to go and jobs a goodun for this year at least....

I'm totally gutted but I said as long as he made Federer work his arse off to win that championship I would be happy. Of course I wanted him to win but I always knew it was going to be extremely difficult.

Anyway, US Open in September. His best surface is the hard courts, I just hope he won't get downhearted by his and he comes back and does well there.

Who knows Andy Murray could come back in a few weeks time and win a Gold Medal at Wimbledon, that may make up for the disappointment of today.

He made those comments when he was 18 years old. Most of us were talking rubbish when we were that old. Unfortunately he was in the spotlight already back then. No big deal I would say. Anyway he is simply a great player.

FB Most of the English people probably don't support the Scotland international team neither. And they don't have any reason to. So why would it be the other way round?

It's strange GermanF1, this is a conversation which has taken place in various places I've worked and most English people will support Scotland (if they're not playing England) but I've never met a Scot who would support England. Anyway, this thread is going a bit off topic. Well done to Murray for making the final but he was beaten but the better tennis player in the final. I'm sure his day will come but the hype surrounding Wimbledon does do my head in.

Ok, we get it. You're one of those kids who are still butthurt over his "Anyone but England" comments 6 years ago.
A joke!!!!! Hence the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway I beleive Murray said those comments as a joke also.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I will back Andy Murray through his career as Britain has a very poor lack of talent in the mens ranks coming through at the moment. We have waited 76 years for a British Male to reach the Final of Wimbledon so we should at least be thankful that he has got that monkey of his back now. Also he has been unfortunate to play in an era where he has to play arguable against two of the best tennis players of all time in Federer and Nadal.

Johnny Carwash:

novak-djokovic-london-zumapress-610.jpg

Actually FB you have a very valid point I wonder if Wimbledon was held in Scotland how many of Scottish people would adopt an English player if they didn't have a player of their own to back, mind you us English are so ridiculous in who we believe to be English just so we can claim some credit for it we even imported Zola Budd from South Africa and gave her citizenship purely because we thought she could win a gold medal for us, how pathetic is that?

Actually it isn't just pathetic it is down right ludicrous..

Back
Top Bottom