The Wimbledon whenever, yawn, thread or "Is it over Yet?"

A surprise in some respects but Federer has looked out of sorts for a while now. He was taken to match point by a rank outsider in the first round and managed to pull himself back into the match.

I'm glad he's out because he's an arrogant :censored:

Could this be Andy Murry's year?

*EDIT* Just seen that the Incredible Sulk is 1 set all and 3-1 up in the third. That's the first set he's dropped so far at Wimbledon. Will he manage to psyc himself out of a major championship again??

cider_and_toast said:
Will he manage to psyc himself out of a major championship again??

Doesn't look like it.

Oh God, imagine if he wins Wimbledon.. there'll be a "tennis craze" for a month, a knighthood, he'll be sports personality of the year, blah blah.

And all for such a man who has a mouth fit for professional gurning. You could practically throw an elephant down it.

/andy murray hate :censored:

Enja said:
Oh God, imagine if he wins Wimbledon.. there'll be a "tennis craze" for five minutes, an invitation to appear on This Morning, he'll be sports absolutely no personality of the year, blah blah.

Just fixed that line for you. ;)

This next match against the Raging Bull will be crucial for Murray. If he wins it, I think he'll win this tournament. If he loses it, I think the chances of him ever winning a major are minimal.

With the growth of players like Cilic to come and with JMDP at full fitness, it will be uphill from hereon in.

Andy Murray needs to

Great tennis Nadal. I love that man. Glad he won just so that it shuts up the British press.

cider_and_toast said:
Steady on old chap.

Anyway, Andy Murray isn't British he's Scottish. :D

Perfectly steady on this boat!

Just don't like seeing Murray doing well. I know, I'm terrible. :embarrassed:

ROFL Murray lost ROFL

That'll learn him for saying he supported Spain in the World Cup.

FB said:
Murray lost

That'll learn him for saying he supported Spain in the World Cup.

Haha, that'll be why loads of people were supporting Spain in the tennis.

No, I don't care who he supports in football tournaments, I just don't want to see his ogre-face every time he wins a sodding point

I think Murray's problems stem from the fact that he's a British tennis player. Failing is a pre-requisite... All the pundits and commentators will have you believe that this year is the year, but upon losing it becomes 'next year will be the one'.
Yeah, right! Go on, pull the other one! LOL

I also think he lets himself down by being sooo boring in interviews. His droning, monotone, voice can't be uplifting for him. Inject some excitement and you may be surprised, Murray!

Of course, it may be that he's the life & soul and a barrel of laughs in private.... :dunno:

I strongly dislike Andy Murray (hate's a strong word). He has the charisma of an ant, he comes across as arrogant, and would still look bloody miserable if he won all four grand slams, plus the Olympics and became the world number one all in the same year.

If there is one thing that i would love to do at Wimbledon would be to bulldoze Henman Hill, Rusedski Ridge, Murray Mound, or whatever else they want to call it. Everytime i hear Sue Barker mention it, it makes me cringe.

Back
Top Bottom