Music The Music Thread

That hand costume giving the middle finger was possibly one of the greatest moments of Eurovision.

Yeah, the song was hilariously terrible but I laughed the whole way through it.
your right on that, when they were asking i could guess if they highlight or lowlight because strangely enjoyed germany because it was that funny

I can't believe any of you watch this shit and enjoy it. I'm also decidedly peeved that BBC money is paid to the EBU to support this. If it's so good let it go to ITV who can get Simon Cowell to choose the song and advertisers can fund the costs of EBU membership and of broadcasting this inane tat.

Oh, and I know it's a hoary old chestnut but Israel and Australia are not in Europe by even the wildest stretch of the imagination so if you are going include countries outside of Europe give the event another ****ing name!

Rant over.

Oh, and I know it's a hoary old chestnut but Israel and Australia are not in Europe by even the wildest stretch of the imagination so if you are going include countries outside of Europe give the event another ****ing name!

appartantly austraila had been watching for decades & was 1 of there most watched shows despite it starting at 3am/5am. so they invited them to 60th anniversary on a 1 off, they seemed to go down well & nearly won it, so ended up being invited back & sort of havent left

Taggart didnt have Taggart in it & it carry on for 25 years, also dakar rally goes nowhere near dakar & hasnt for 13 years

I can't believe any of you watch this shit and enjoy it. I'm also decidedly peeved that BBC money is paid to the EBU to support this. If it's so good let it go to ITV who can get Simon Cowell to choose the song and advertisers can fund the costs of EBU membership and of broadcasting this inane tat.

Rant over.
I didnโ€™t mean to like your rant. It was a finger slip ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
I hope youโ€™re feeling quite well now.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

210772974_4477685535598228_5634756067946044609_n.jpg

Iโ€™m fortunate enough to have tickets to see Genesis in Manchester next month. Iโ€™m ashamed to say that although I love 80s and 90s Genesis, I struggle with some of their proggy, earlier output.

Iโ€™m therefore trying to teach myself how to enjoy 70s Genesis. I like In The Cage and Firth of Fifth, and Second Home By The Sea, which has progressive elements, is awesome. Iโ€™ve tried listening to Supperโ€™s Ready, but I just keep thinking about Brian Pern. What prog Genesis should I be listening to?

Iโ€™m fortunate enough to have tickets to see Genesis in Manchester next month. Iโ€™m ashamed to say that although I love 80s and 90s Genesis, I struggle with some of their proggy, earlier output.

Iโ€™m therefore trying to teach myself how to enjoy 70s Genesis. I like In The Cage and Firth of Fifth, and Second Home By The Sea, which has progressive elements, is awesome. Iโ€™ve tried listening to Supperโ€™s Ready, but I just keep thinking about Brian Pern. What prog Genesis should I be listening to?
Without a doubt, Selling England by the Pound. Easily their most accessible Gabriel era album with some superb tracks on there.

When I saw Genesis at Earls Court in 93 they only played a medley of the early stuff so it's not as if you'll get a lot of the prog era anyway.

Funnily enough, the prog era album of theirs that I found the most hard going was "and then there were three" which shows signs of the later era but gets quite heavy at times.

Another good summing up of the earlier stuff is the "Three Sides Live" album which covers the whole 70's period up to ABACAB in 1981.

gear change, this Is the Christmas version of it. but sigrid is 1 of my favourite artists of the last few years. 1st year heard on Olympic montage. Still a bit obsessed. she is hugely talented 1st album was great & has comeback better

If you can get access to this documentary please watch. It is not easy viewing, but it will make you reassess different artists and whether you actually want to listen to their music again.

last night i was watching & was excited but then went to bed & was saying that it felt sacrilegious to say that paul McCartney was bit disappointing was expecting hit after hit especially with his back catalogue & smash it. like foo fighters & the killers did. but instead of the 30 songs he couldve played, he was playing load of album tracks. out of 23 songs i had known 7

but waking up & watching the finale the i had recorded that probably down to either glastonbury or paul himself or paul's management so BBC couldnt show it live, like billie ellish friday & kendrick lamar tonight. meant you were 2/3 rds in & by the time we got to last 12 songs which was what we all tuned in for & a 9/10 display. it was half past midnight very few people have the availability to still be up at 1am/1.30am time for the finale with concert we all expected.

Last edited:
According to the Setlist website he played 38 songs, and I had a quick count up and 17 were singles.

I guess it depends on how well you know Macca / The Beatles. I wouldn't say any of them were particularly deep cuts or obscure tunes.

Back
Top Bottom