Music The Music Thread

im not a big fan but i thought i had a good knowledge, even through watching the beatles documentary & always enjoyed his music. i was looking at his songs i got to 36 that i knew. looking at it there was 22 that i knew but he didnt play. he didnt play & 11 that ill put in bold really surprised he didnt play
please please me, she loves you, i want to hold your hand, please mr postman, ticket to ride, a hard days night, help, penny lane, hello goodbye, we can work it out, all you need is love, yesterday, back in the ussr, come together, silly love songs, mull of kintyre, here comes the sun, dont let me down, little help with my friends, lucy & sky with diamonds, long & winding road. & the newish one fourfive seconds.

i think it was mix of high expectations & expecting more of the set like diana ross & noel gallagher where a 2/3 classics & 1/3 new songs/album songs.

although on the similar point, some weird is happening & someone is hiding something. but who because i cant imagine paul putting a stop to it. i dont buy "Due to the complexity of broadcasting an event of this scale and the volume of performances we cover, there is sometimes variation between performances taking place and their transmission." because why is saturday night at the pyramid stage different to friday or sunday night on the pyramid stage surely its the same cameras

Last edited:
To be fair, some of those are not his songs (Come Together and Lucy (John's) With a Little Help (Ringo) and Here Comes the Sun (George)

He's dropped Back in the USSR because of Ukraine.

I saw him at the Birmingham NEC in January 1990 on the Flowers in the Dirt world tour and he's always played a varied set.

I think a big consideration in this day and age is picking songs his vocal range can cope with at 80.i expect a lot of that would inform the Setlist.

I'm a big fan of Chris Cornell. I really enjoy all of his different styles and bands. I wish he was still alive making music. I'm also a big fan of Linkin Park (yeah, I know). But their first two albums get me everytime I listen. I hope they decided to release a 20th Anniversary edition to Meteora like they did with Hybrid Theory.

cant think why id post this. as the chorus isnt relevant to this weekends action

And now you wanna pretend that you a superstar
And now you want us to end
What's taken you this far?
Don't tell me that you're done as far as we go
You need to have a sit down with your ego
When everyone's gone and you're all by yourself
You know that you're gonna come to me for help
Don't tell me that it's time for going solo
You need to knock some sense into your ego

i was listening to penultimate xmas chart yesterday. do you know what is the 4th most popular xmas song currently. as it couldnt believe it was that high. thought bbc had played it in error & accidentally played 35 not 5

so its not Slade, Wizzard Pogues, Shakin Stevens, Band aid, Darkness, east 17. its Brenda Lee :o

received_2434110440099388.jpeg

I was in HMV this morning and they were playing the most awful Christmas songs. Turns out it was Joss Stone's album 'Merry Christmas, Love'. One to avoid at all costs. Why do so many artists insist on releasing Christmas songs that are invariably dire?

I was in HMV this morning and they were playing the most awful Christmas songs. Turns out it was Joss Stone's album 'Merry Christmas, Love'. One to avoid at all costs. Why do so many artists insist on releasing Christmas songs that are invariably dire?
if you get a christmas song that hits now as much as 20 years ago. you are laughing with the money. as its equlivant of releasing a top 20/40 every year. on the more recent ones, Peter Kay, Darkness, Leona Lewis, Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande, Micheal Buble or Coldplay. but i would say 90/95% are rubbish

enjoying glastonbury of what ive seen today lightening seeds were good, really enjoyed them, ended on 3 lions there something that opening 10secs you dont even need the lyrics. that will bring back all that joy & pain of watching England

for technically a 1 hit wonder Carly Rae Jepsen who i knew 2 of her songs, & she absolutely smashed her set & who knew she had got so many great pop songs, run away with me is absolute tune. but so many good singalongs. had call me maybe in the middle of the set

Churnups/foo fighters. im biased i love them weirdly glastonbury 2017 turned me into a fan. i went liking a few songs to loving them in that 3hr set it felt like. dave grohl i think are maybe the best live band out there . because they have so many hits they cant disappoint

Back
Top Bottom