Music The Music Thread

sigrid took a big risk with her Glastonbury outfit. most years an all white outfit would be a terrible choice LOL

Screenshot_20190629-204509.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i heard he was good. i was only able to see the highlights as did get back from work til 10.45. i thought he would as he does like to get his point across & is a sort of a good role model in a way

I was taken to see Pink a week or so ago. The wife loved it, I wanted to be somewhere else. But we have Adam Ant, She Drew the Gun and Anna Ternheim coming up in the next few months.

I've done two concerts with Wifey to watch groups she loved.

Bon Jovi and Take That a few years ago, both at the Rico Arena in Coventry. I thought both were quite entertaining. Take That were surprisingly entertaining though I wouldn't call myself a fan.

listening through the new taylor swift album earlier (i know im cool LOL) . its was all going well liked a good few, thought some where alright not for me. then we got to 10 or 12. soon you'll get better. rumoured to be about mothers ill health. i made a huge big mistake its so moving. my eyes were like Niagara falls ๐Ÿ˜ญ

i cant download it on to my ipod as beautiful as it is because i dont think i can emotionally listen to it again ๐Ÿ˜€

I looked back over the last couple of pages and think we may have missed the passing of Keith Flint, so better late than never, where it all started:

and a lesser known B-side I remember as a teenager:

Well, after a rather tortuous wait, I can finally point anyone interested to our auction of Keith Flint's belongings. It's easy to find, but if you have any issue, I'll send you a link. The full catalogue will be available in the next 10 days or so and there are now images of the, perhaps 'most interesting' lots shall we say, in the press.

Brogan cider_and_toast - please forgive me, this is not intended as a shameless plug or advertisement, just a heads-up to the many music lovers on here. I hope that's OK.

We (me and the missus) have 8 of the top 10 selling albums of the first part of the 20th century. Not sure what that says about how easily we are manipulated by music marketers.

UK's best-selling albums (2000-2019)
1) Adele - 21
2) Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
3) Adele - 25
4) Ed Sheeran - x
5) Ed Sheeran - รท
6) James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
7) Leona Lewis - Spirit
8) Michael Buble - Crazy Love
9) Dido - No Angel
10) David Gray - White Ladder

She may well have been... 11 to 40

From 11 to 40

11) Lady Gaga - The Fame
12) Kings of Leon - Only By The Night
13) Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
14) Michael Buble - Christmas
15) Dido - Life For Rent
16) Take That - Beautiful World
17) Keane - Hopes and Fears
18) Coldplay - X&Y
19) Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
20) Coldplay - Parachutes
21) Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
22) Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
23) Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour
24) Ed Sheeran +
25) Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
26) Adele - 19
27) Emeli Sande - Our Version Of Events
28) Robbie Williams - Swing When You're Winning
29) Take That - Progress
30) The Killers - Hot Fuss
31) Green Day - American Idiot
32) Take That - The Circus
33) Duffy - Rockferry
34) Robbie Williams - Sing When You're Winning
35) Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
36) Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
37) Robbie Williams - Escapology
38) Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
39) Motion Picture Cast Recording - The Greatest Showman
40) Rihanna - Loud

I have more of these than I care to admit to. Nice Swing when you're Winning gets 28 and 34.

Back
Top Bottom