The Midfield Runners

Who will be the best of the Forgotten Four?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
If we expect McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull to run away with the Championships...

Who will emerge out of the Forgotten Five? Who will be the front runners of the midfield teams and who will be in Mike Gascoyne's crosshairs for months?

Lotus seem to be starting at the front of the pack, whilst the Force looked like they were slipping back. Williams and Sauber picked up at slow circuits in particular. Toro Rosso just existed without ever looking like being challenged by Lotus or Virgin.

With the Mexican money coming in, I can see maybe Sauber as the team to watch out for. Although Lotus should be close to the top again. Will Williams ever hit old heights? I'm not expecting too much from Toro Rosso.

I went for Williams, perhaps more out of hope than expectation.

As a point of order tby, shouldn't you really refer to the yellow team as Renault? After all that's what the chassis is and Lotus are merely sponsors (for now).

I just noticed something weird; I couldn't stop the 'CTA' in expectation being displayed as capitals, even though I typed in lower case. Is there some default in operation that always forces these three letters into caps because they happen to be the abbreviation for Clip The Apex?

Seems that way. Here's a couple more examples:

lactate dictator

lol.gif

As a point of order tby, shouldn't you really refer to the yellow team as Renault? After all that's what the chassis is and Lotus are merely sponsors (for now).

Yeah, really I should, but I want to be realistic and we all know that Renault have absolutely nowt to do with that particular team except as engine supplier. Which they are to Lotus too!

I voted Sauber.Toss up between them and Lotus Renault.Williams being to strapped for cash will make it diffcult for them.

I really have no idea between the lotus Renaults, Williams, Force India and Sauber. Logic dictates it should be Renault (sorry the new name will take some getting used to) or Williams but I can't help but think that Force India are going to be a pleasant surprise this year. They are going from strength to strength. I'd like to see them do well.

I went for Williams, perhaps more out of hope than expectation.

According to Goverment house the Renault F1 team is now Lotus Renault GP.Note it states previous name as Renault F1 Team Ltd

Name & Registered Office:
LOTUS RENAULT GP LIMITED
16 OLD BAILEY
LONDON
EC4M 7EG
Company No. 01806337

Date of Incorporation: 05/04/1984

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
9261 - Operate sports arenas & stadiums
9262 - Other sporting activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 13/08/2010
Next Return Due: 10/09/2011

Last Members List: 13/08/2010

Previous Names:

Date of change
Previous Name

28/02/2002
RENAULT F1 LIMITED

01/07/1985
INREMCO 60 LIMITED

22/11/2001
BENETTON FORMULA LIMITED

16/12/2010
RENAULT F1 TEAM LIMITED

The yellow team are only Lotus Renault in the same way that the chrome team are Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes, the red team are Scuderia Marlboro Ferrari and the blue & white team are AT&T Williams, i.e. sponsor/chassis manufacturer/engine supplier (optional and if different form chassis). Generally the principal sponsor's name comes first (in the yellow team's case, Lotus) and the chassis second (Renault).

I'm still find the Lotus situation confusing so may just ignore them both.

I do think/hope Williams could become the best out of these teams in the coming season though. Although I'm not sure what to expect from Force India

I've gone for Williams because I believe they were moving in the right direction last season and will continue to improve. I can see Lotus Renault slipping away this season, I'm not sure why but I don't think they will be able to sustain the level of development that they showed last year. Sauber and Force India will have the odd moment in the sun but the team previously known as Minardi are in danger of slipping back into the clutches of Lotus 1Malaysia and Virgin.

I've gone for Sauber. I think Renault could struggle this year for funding and really don't think the Cosworth engine is going to be good enough to get Williams anything more than minor points placings.

I think Sauber, Kobayshi is improving as a driver and could be up there with Kubica, particulary if the new Sauber is an improvement

Lotus/Renault definitely, to my mind. I wouldn't be surprised to see them oust one of the "big four".

Williams and Sauber are very impecunious; even if their cars were a match for Renault, I don't think they've a driver remotely as good as Kubica.

Back
Top Bottom