Grand Prix 2019 Mexico Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

F1Brits_90

Race Winner

The Mexican Grand Prix promoter says that the Netflix F1 series Drive to Survive has encouraged a significant surge in 1st time ticket buyers as they noticed they had a 30% increase in interest from women

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Well, I decided to read Verstappen comments on the penalty for entertainment, and it was a perfectly reasonable response that admitted responsibility. Good publicist or the boy is maturing.

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
Max is going to be one to watch after that penalty, even if he did deserve it. It's only going to inspire him to push all the harder I reckon.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Its absolutely sheer arrogance from Max because it might have cost him race victory ... but then again he has a tow now to pull him for an overtake at the start whilst Leclerc might be very robust with his scheming teammate this round .

So the first few corners could be very anxious for Ferrari.

I also think Max deserves a bigger penalty for his deliberate defiance of the rules regarding flags - the guy thinks he is untouchable

Last edited:

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Its absolutely sheer arrogance from Max because it might have cost him race victory ... but then again he has a tow now to pull him for an overtake at the start whilst Leclerc might be very robust with his scheming teammate this round .

So the first few corners could be very anxious for Ferrari.

I also think Max deserves a bigger penalty for his deliberate defiance of the rules regarding flags - the guy thinks he is untouchable
Well I am on the fence on this one. Certainly his time should have been disallowed, although that would not have changed the fact that he already had pole. It is not a penalty that they have always so strictly enforced before. This may have been a case where a warning would have been in order.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Well I am on the fence on this one. Certainly his time should have been disallowed, although that would not have changed the fact that he already had pole. It is not a penalty that they have always so strictly enforced before. This may have been a case where a warning would have been in order.
Max has already had his warning. This is the second time that he has committed this offence. Villeneuve was disqualified from the Japanese GP in 1997 for this!

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
List of parts changed on Bottas' car:
Both front suspension assemblies
Power steering rack
Steering column
Steering wheel
LHS and RHS outboard rear suspension assembly
Rear heave spring unit
RARB drop links
RARB
Front wing/nose assembly
Nose pins
Rear wing assembly
Deck wing assembly
Brake master cylinders and brake lines
LHS rear view mirror and canard
LHS barge board LHS bodywork
Gearbox carrier
Gearbox input shaft and input shaft torque sensor
Front cockpit loom
Floor
Plank
Seat belts
ERS pump filter
Mercedes have been busy

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
also you cant give verstappen a warning for that as espically in post bianchi period its sets dangerous precedent & he was cocky in written press conference saying just delete that time, ill still be on pole needing bringing down a peg. espically as it was all for his ego he didnt have to do it & palmer saud on chequered flag podcast he got a 3 place penalty & 2 points even though he slowed down post giovinazzi in china

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
no rain i believe it will be fully dry. Google & accuweather still say 3pm thunderstorm but on radar theres nothing

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
It was a dry race, it didn't make it any better as a spectacle.

Bernoulli

Spectator
A boring race. It was to be expected that Ferrari's strategy wouldn't work because Vettel was lapping consistently on the mediums and neither Leclerc nor Hamilton were catching him on their fresher hard tyres. Ricciardo also managed 50 laps on the hard compound on a higher fuel load.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
I thought Pirelli’s brief was to make tyres that fell to pieces. Those hard tyres had virtually no degradation, no drop off and no cliff. The tyre compounds should have been one step softer across the piece...

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i enjoyed the race but dirty air & leclerc lock up that stopped his momentum. stopped a race that promised so much

Johnny Carwash

Champion Elect
Contributor
Once Verstappen went nearly 65-70 laps on the hard tyres a one stop strategy was the way to go.Hamilton literally just cruised home once he had track position.

Top Bottom