The Lotus Question

Let's just hope that it all gets sorted in the courts and we can then put the whole issue to bed.

They had a chance to do something good with the Lotus name but it's turned into petty in fighting and the use of "Team Lotus" as a ball to be kicked around between the factions. I think my signature says it all.

Let's just hope that it all gets sorted in the courts and we can then put the whole issue to bed.

They had a chance to do something good with the Lotus name but it's turned into petty in fighting and the use of "Team Lotus" as a ball to be kicked around between the factions. I think my signature says it all.

110 agree.Team Lotus should be left in history at 1994 with its glorious past.
I felt was a travesty when Fernandes resurrected the name and for that reason alone I sincerely hope that Colin Chapmans legacy can be left to rest in peace.

110 agree.Team Lotus should be left in history at 1994 with its glorious past.

If you could leave it in history at 1990, I'm sure Lotus fans would appreciate it!

The winner of the Lotus brand may just win a massive Pyrrhic victory here, winning the chance to call themselves Lotus and then finding that it means jack squat to them because they've alienated all their fans.

If you could leave it in history at 1990, I'm sure Lotus fans would appreciate it!

The winner of the Lotus brand may just win a massive Pyrrhic victory here, winning the chance to call themselves Lotus and then finding that it means jack squat to them because they've alienated all their fans.

Actually, I think 1987 would be a better place to stop. :D

Piquet was the current world champ when he joined in 88 but the 100T was pretty rubbish, then it only got worse, the Judd powered 101 was seriously rubbish but by the time you get to 1990 you end up with the Lambo (Chrysler) powered 102 that almost ended Martin Donnally's life and that was about that. 3 points all year thanks to a 5th and a 6th.

Though I get what you mean if you are referring to the fact that it was sold out of the Chapman Family in 1990.

As for your second comment. Absolutely agree with you. To think that last year I mounted my high horse and got really narked at those people calling it Proton this and Proton that...... :embarrassed:

How stupid do I feel.

Actually, I think 1987 would be a better place to stop. :D

Piquet was the current world champ when he joined in 88 but the 100T was pretty rubbish, then it only got worse, the Judd powered 101 was seriously rubbish but by the time you get to 1990 you end up with the Lambo (Chrysler) powered 102 that almost ended Martin Donnally's life and that was about that. 3 points all year thanks to a 5th and a 6th.

Though I get what you mean if you are referring to the fact that it was sold out of the Chapman Family in 1990.

As for your second comment. Absolutely agree with you. To think that last year I mounted my high horse and got really narked at those people calling it Proton this and Proton that...... :embarrassed:

How stupid do I feel.

Why.We have all been there, done that got the T shirt to prove it.I most certainly have.More than once
biggrin.gif

Great bit of business by Proton though, all said. From not being in F1 in 2009, they've managed to get in at the back, jump to the front within two years and all the time not owning any F1 teams. Incredible exploitation of several feckless cretins, in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom