The Lewis Hamilton Non-News Thread

Been thinking about this. Undoubtedly Lewis turned up looking like some rap star, being unaware of a dress code. I simply don't believe he would deliberately try and chance his luck, as he 'is a very nice boy', if young and a bit of a muppet.

However, you would think the all England Club would be able to offer the royal box guests a shirt and tie should they turn up without one.

Snobbish enough to turn away a guest but not classy enough to assist. Going the extra mile is surely a prerequisite of the tradition pomp and ceremony of the oldest tennis tournament in the world. Shame on them.

His outfit...
image.jpg

As I expected there is a guide for Royal Box guests, that must include the dress code. So it must be his fault that he missed out but it is not the worst thing to happen in the world yesterday.

Been thinking about this. Undoubtedly Lewis turned up looking like some rap star, being unaware of a dress code. I simply don't believe he would deliberately try and chance his luck, as he 'is a very nice boy', if young and a bit of a muppet.

However, you would think the all England Club would be able to offer the royal box guests a shirt and tie should they turn up without one.

Snobbish enough to turn away a guest but not classy enough to assist. Going the extra mile is surely a prerequisite of the tradition pomp and ceremony of the oldest tennis tournament in the world. Shame on them.
I think they did offer spare clothes but Lewis declined the offer:p can't say I blame him really.

Can't say I feel bad for Lewis, and I'm not going to argue that the All England Club should've helped him out, but they've always come off as snobs to me. There's a reason I prefer the golf majors being played at public courses rather than private.

yeah but im kind of on Wimbledon side with this because Wimbledon have specific rules about dress code that are on tickets (& on tv if he watched) & cant bend rules for 1 man considering all the other huge sportsman & filmstars that have complied over the years

& apparently he was given the chance to buy a tie but refused & left

As someone who won't watch the world cup final on ITV because the pundits don't wear ties I guess I'm in favour of a dress code.

Not a snob but if I was going to the royal box I'd put a tie on. Sometimes its time to dress smart.

As fo being offered a solution but refusing to take it. Seems a little silly.

I'm sorry RasputinLives, but how does refusing to watch a tv program because the presenters don't wear a tie, correspond to your statement that you are not a snob!

I agree smart attire would be required in those circumstances, but also I have no interest in tennis, therefore I would not go in the summer heat (even if free) if I had to wear a Jacket and tie. Seems silly to have to dress up to watch a sporting event.

It was meant in jest -WBF1- but what I think I'm trying to say that if you're at an important ocassions then dress for it. If you decided to treat yourself to a meal at a 5 star restaurant and the waiter turned up in a shell suit you'd be like 'this isn't what I paid for'. Equally if your presenting a huge sport event to a nation then stop trying to be trendy cool with your open collar in order to try and send the message of 'hey we're just like you' which no one is buying and dress smart for thd occasion.

As for Lewis - lesson learnt I guess. I'd have took the tie, said thank you and sat and watched the Tennis I'd been chatting excitedly about on Twitter if I was him. Walking out just means he missed an oppotunity for an experience most will never have, he missed the tennis, and he's created a lot if negative press for himself which has given people who need no excuse the oppotunity to have a go at him.

Thats my snobbish view anyway.

Back
Top Bottom