The Hungarian GP Saints and Sinners?

After the stick Charlie Whiting has come over for over cautiousness lately, I think it was a good call to not bring out the safety car. No-one got hurt did they. There was enough space for cars to pass through the debris, only Vettel had to move slightly as he was caught unaware by the Renault as it was pushed to safety. A real sinner is that run-off at turn 2. I think Buemi is the highest driver who wasn't wide there at some point. (Lets not debate who was).

tooncheese, I have to disagree with the car in flames on the edge of the pitlane, debris on the pit lane exit and then having to tow the car against oncoming traffic with both the risk of ruining someone's race and endangering them, (for me at least) it was the wrong decision, and I have been a person recently critical of Charlie Whiting for being to conservative but here it went from bad to worse as he wasn't conservative enough.

There were more people in the pitlane than there were on the track....I think he made the right call.

The only bad thing about it was, the way the marshalls started recovering the car back to the pits.

Saints: McLaren for getting most things right, letting their drivers race and Lewis letting the red mist descend after a race (a sign of growing maturity?) to calmly see the positives of the weekend. The race stewards letting this be an actual wet RACE not a procession like for god knows how long in Canada. Paul Di Resta ending his pointless streak.
Sinners: Renault for letting Nick Heidfeld leave the pits with his car on fire.

Saints; Mclaren - Christian Horner are you watching how to trust your drivers to race and not crash into each other
Di Resta - back on form
Ricciardo - beating Liuzzi

Sinners; Renault - did not they learn from the earlier in the season with their car on fire.
Nick Heidfeld - Allowing the car to overheat
Sauber for once their fabled 1 stop strategies made them look idiots with no points
Mercedes - Inexcusable for the Mighty SIlver Arrows now getting beat by Force India - the junior Mercedes team again

Back
Top Bottom