The Future Of F1

I am not entirely sure why ripping off Ferrari is a progress, but so be it.

I am sorry Sakae, but I can't let this one by.

1. How is taking away a bonus that no one else gets "ripping off Ferrari?" Ferrari did not have such of bonus for most of its history.
2. Isn't a sporting series supposed to be a fair competition?. Do you support an unfair competition?

I am sorry Sakae, but I can't let this one by.

1. How is taking away a bonus that no one else gets "ripping off Ferrari?" Ferrari did not have such of bonus for most of its history.
2. Isn't a sporting series supposed to be a fair competition?. Do you support an unfair competition?
Lawrence, let me remind you there is not a such thing as the same income for all in capitalist society. For all what we know, initially had BE stood his ground and refused to pay, we might have ended without F1 in any shape or form long time ago. Mercedes was ready to pull out as well, and who knows what other surprises were in the offing as consequences after couple of major manufacturers would have walked out. That was not a bluff.

I will spare you narrative why depriving Ferrari of reward for stying power in this snake pit is a low blow, but my bone feeling is, that not a single euro cent will go to tier 2, and Liberty will pocket all, that is by a company which does for F1 exactly what again..?

Last edited:
Lawrence, let me remind you there is not a such thing as the same income for all in capitalist society. For all what we know, initially had BE stood his ground and refused to pay, we might have ended without F1 in any shape or form long time ago. Mercedes was ready to pull out as well, and who knows what other surprises were in the offing as consequences after couple of major manufacturers would have walked out. That was not a bluff.

I will spare you narrative why depriving Ferrari of reward for stying power in this snake pit is a low blow, but my bone feeling is, that not a single euro cent will go to tier 2, and Liberty will pocket all, that is by a company which does for F1 exactly what again..?

The actually proposed restructuring of the payment plan has been posted, so your claim that "Liberty will pocket it all" is clearly not correct.

But I gather your argument is that the world is unfair, therefore it is fine that our sporting series are unfair.

Seriously, I was just joking about biscuits.

It's been a long standing, running joke, in previous years that long winded meetings involving the teams, the FIA and the commercial rights holder can barely agree on what biscuits will be provided at the next meeting let alone how cars will be designed.

Having said that, the financial distribution in F1 is absolutely rediculous and needs to be made a lot more equal.

Yea, I understand that DRS was a necessary evil, but one that should have been corrected long ago. I think it should be deleted at the earliest possible moment. Options are:

1. Delete it. This is sort of like Brexit or eliminating Obamacare....helps to have something else resolved and in place before you do that. It does seem that F1 (Ross Brawn) is planning that the re-designed cars for 2021 will make DRS no longer needed.
2. Replace it with push-to-pass. The advantage of the Indy Car push-to-pass system is that it can be used anywhere at anytime for passing or defense. It is certainly a more "strategic" option and gets rid of the DRS zones.
3. Get rid of wings. Simple, easy to understand, and solves all the problems.
I select option no. 1

Two results of the meetings have leaked:

1. Car concepts are being tested in the Sauber wind tunnel to keep 80% of there downforce intact when closely following another car: See Details of ground effect 2021 car concept leaked

2. They are keeping DRS: See DRS could remain on F1 cars in 2021

Not sure I agree with either approach.

OK....a little more is leaking out

3. They are talking about standard components: No 2021 agreement yet says Camilleri

This apparently means standard brakes, wheel rims, crash structures, the driveshaft, throttle pedal, pitstop equipment and the steering wheel.

If they have a budget cap, I am not sure why they need standard equipment.

But, if they are doing standard brakes, maybe they should go back to steel brakes so they cars have a longer braking distance and it is easier to pass.

If they are doing standard pitstop equipment, maybe they should go with dump cans instead of the more outrageous and dangerous fuel injection rigs.

But, if they are doing standard brakes, maybe they should go back to steel brakes so they cars have a longer braking distance and it is easier to pass.

Yes I’ve said this before. Give them the old brakes! It’ll drastically improve the racing.

Well, I really have never liked the new qualifying format....so a revision to it does not do much for me. I did like the old two-day qualifying as it meant that the cars had to run in anger on Friday, just in case. If you were attending a race weekend, then Friday's meant something, and depending on the weather, could mean a lot.

Back
Top Bottom