The complete package

No he actially did.

If you re-watch the 2008 season with itv commentray Martin Brundle quotes Alonso in one of the races, something along the lines

And ever since then, that title has stayed with him.

I think you may have confused Fernando with Jose Lorca :) I cartainly remember an Interview where Fernando was talking about himself compared to the other drivers on the grid where he said he wasn'tt he fastest but he was probably the most consistant but never heard him say he was the most 'complete' driver on the grid.

Would love to hear the clip where he said he was though if he did as would probably change my opinion completely on the guy.

I thought Alonso was Jose Lorca, having fun in his spare time annoying people? 8-)

That would be hilarious if that was true!

With IPS as Raikkonen, and Lewis-WDC as Hamilton.

Always liked Roger Meille though, he was witty and funny, knew how to wind people up. :snigger:

Was sad to see him not return to 606 :disappointed:

TBY
The one thing that distorts Fangio's stats is that, in his era, if his car broke during a race, he could, and did, take over a teammates car. Indeed, Collins giving up his car to Fangio probably cost him (Collins) the championship.

This, however, should not be interpreted as my denying the mans greatness.

Aye, true. He didn't often win a race with a swapped car, but it does slightly improve his stats.

As far as I know that only happened once more (as far as his wins total is concerned).
That's still nearly one win every two races though.

As far as I know that only happened once more (as far as his wins total is concerned).
That's still nearly one win every two races though.

Twice, but another couple of remarkable stats is that he finished two-thirds of his races on the podium, and started 92% of races on the front row. (It was only ever 4 wide on a few occasions, but Clark who has the same benifiet is back on 65%)

Back
Top Bottom