The 2013 Season

I liked Steve Matchett's ideas of using Friday for a test session. Don't limit running to two 90 minute sessions, let the tea run all day. Tyre allocations would need to change but this would give teams plenty of track time to make sure updates are working properly.

I know I mentioned this a couple months ago, but is it not the height of irony that the F1 circus gets sent on a mandatory 1 month holiday with the Championship completely up for grabs, only to come back with one team having advanced by leaps and bounds, going on to win the final 9 contests. Red Bull always move ahead during "breaks", but 2013 was all-time effort. Mr Newey, you've done it again Sir. :goodday:

I know I mentioned this a couple months ago, but is it not the height of irony that the F1 circus gets sent on a mandatory 1 month holiday with the Championship completely up for grabs, only to come back with one team having advanced by leaps and bounds, going on to win the final 9 contests. Red Bull always move ahead during "breaks", but 2013 was all-time effort. Mr Newey, you've done it again Sir. :goodday:
Is it your contention that the other F1 teams all spend summer holiday sitting on their hands?

....he'd come second behind Vettel as he'd have qualified so far down the grid Vettel would be forty seconds clear by the time he got into clear air to use it.

Can I just say that for what turned out to be a very one sided and pretty dull season it seemed to pass by extremely quickly. Can't believe it's over already. And no more V8s - in less than two decades we've lost half the cylinders in the engines.

Back
Top Bottom