The 2012 Season

Don't know where to put this, but a visualisation of winning in the last 10 years:

CTA.png

(And I don't care if it is a misleading or otherwise statistically invalid visualisation, it looks cool and thats what I like about it!)

Wow that graph shows how much the shift in power from Ferrari to Red Bull in recent seasons. Also show's tbh how consistant Mclaren are but how incredibly frustrating at the fact they've only scored one WDC and no WCC.

Don't know where to put this, but a visualisation of winning in the last 10 years:

View attachment 5133

(And I don't care if it is a misleading or otherwise statistically invalid visualisation, it looks cool and thats what I like about it!)
Wasn't this the design work on the BAR car that Jacque drove?

Love the chart though, red, threatened by Silver, with a little light blue calling, then they all get squeezed in the name of dark blue.

If it's not a BAR logo, then surely it's a 1970's rock band album cover?

By the way why I'm on, anyone like me and finding with the coverage now on Sky, with there being hours and hours of coverage, you're watching less F1?

I find I'm not even watching practice anymore, Qualifying is selecting User Defined start time of the last 2 minutes of Q3! The weekly show is now the first few minutes to see what Georgie Thompson is wearing?

Then the race itself is again User Defined start time for the warm up lap, watch the first few laps then it's x6 or x12 flicking through the race, stopping at any incident to then watch the last 5 laps and then get the standings? Stop delete the Sky+ recording.

By the way who ever thought of having Eddie Jordan interviewing the drivers on the podium, needs shooting.........

Someone who works in F1 has made a few interesting tweets today...

Noticed #RedBull & #Ferarri have improved in the 2nd half of the #F1season? Neither are members of #FOTA so aren't restricted like others!!

#Ferarri rumoured to have spent the whole of August using BOTH#Toyota wind tunnels while #FOTA teams were forced to close for 2 weeks #F1

#RedBull apparently channel everything via "Redbull Technology" to avoid any transparency, so who knows what they're up to? #F1

Someone who works in F1 has made a few interesting tweets today...

I think this quote from Christian Horner is crystal clear...

Well if you look at the way the English accounts are presented, you’re looking at the gross turnover of each entity, whether it be Red Bull Technology or Red Bull Racing. Within the RRA we’ve complied fully with the RRA within Red Bull Racing, which is the entrant to the Formula 1 World Championship. Red Bull Technology is a supplier to Red Bull Racing…

It's stupid, the RRA agreement should be policed by the FIA and should include any subsidiaries of the teams. Oh I forgot Red Bull are the only team against the FIA policing it in the new concorde agreement, ridiculous! >:(

Oh yeah, if the FIA were policing it everything would be perfect. Or maybe, it would be just the same as now, with the teams driving buses through loopholes in the regulations, and suspicions of favouritism.

Excuse me, but bollocks to policing.

Galahad Of course it wouldn't be perfect. But it would clearly have some affect on the teams' spending, or Red Bull wouldn't be against it would they? Better the FIA do it than the teams within FOTA doing it themselves.

Moving from one rule they can easily avoid to one that would require slightly more effort to avoid? I can't argue with you, it is better, but I would prefer to say less worse.

Maybe the teams with the most money tend to win - this is true (though not in every case). It reflects an achievement of that team in raising money that their rivals failed to. Good luck to them, I say.

If everyone had the same amount of money, the team with Newey would always win. Is that better than it being based on spending?

Looks like both titles are more or less sewn up by Red Bull and Vettel.

Red Bull can win the WCC at Abu Dhabi if McLaren and Ferrari don't score 15 and 5 more points respectively.

All but Alonso will be ruled out of the chase if Vettel scores 8 points or more.

Back
Top Bottom