The 2012 Season

The only way I can see him losing it is a strong consistent run from Hamilton coupled with another alternator failure from that pesky Renault engine. Realistically it's game over. :(

To some Mr B, but look at the reaction from some to the most successful Grand Prix driver of all time announcing his retirement recently.

Still a long way to go in this one yet. Although if Seb does go on to capture number 3, it will have been thoroughly deserved. I'm thrilled that we have a virtual tie at the top right now.

Really? Personally I think Vettel has only been the 3rd best driver this season behind Alonso and Hamilton. Yeah he's been great on some weekends but he also seemed to dissapear in others, ealier in the season admittedly.

Alonso has outdriven his car brilliantly but his rivals can only trip over themselves so much. However that Ferrari isn't as bad as the media make it out to be.

Hamilton really should be leading this title race if it weren't for bad reliability and the incompetance of McLaren as a racing team.

Honourable mention to Kimi, just as consistent as Alonso but has also underperformed on some weekends. Only driver to complete all laps too.

Really? Personally I think Vettel has only been the 3rd best driver this season

I agree, but that doesn't make Seb unworthy. He's had to fight hard this season, unlike last years coronation.

Hamilton really should be leading this title race

Obviously I agree, but McLaren were not up to the task. As a team, Red Bull have run circles around the Macca boys for the last 4 years.

Gap between Alonso and Vettel
CTA.png

Gap between Alonso and Hamilton
CTA.png

Gap between Raikkonen and Hamilton
CTA.png

I think Seb is always going to be one of those drivers people question on worthyness due to his driving style. When on form Seb likes to get out front and control the pace. He'll wack out a big lead then judge the drivers pace behind him and keep the gap steady without pushing himself too much. Unfourtunatly this leaves him open to people claiming its the machinary rather than him.

Their are 2 things Seb does better than any other driver i've seen. firstly he can match a rivals pace and judge a gap when leading better than anyone. We've often been fooled into thinking someones catching him just for him to blast a couple of laps in. why push when you don't need too? Second thing he does best is first laps from pole. I can't even count the amount of times he'll start from pole and be drs zone time plus in front by lap 2.

Love them or hate them Vettel and Redbull know how to get results and thats what F1 is about. so you can shoulda woulda coulda with other drivers but Vettel is the only one in last 3 years who has got what he should have got and why it looks like it could be three in a row.

Getting out in front and staying in front is the sign of a great driver. I've read almost the very same thing you've written Ras, said about Jim Clark. Another great driver who would race away from the field and the maintain the pace to bring the car home. Three in a row would be a great achievement for Seb. To cap it all, he really genuinly seems like a decent bloke. Any one catch the footage of him drawing on Jakes shirt?

"was this shirt expensive?" LOL

I was just double checking the championships and if Red Bull and Vettel win either one, they will join a very exclusive club.

These are all the constructors who have won three or more titles in a row.
  • 1975 - 1977: Ferrari
  • 1989 - 1991: McLaren
  • 1992 - 1994: Williams
  • 1999 - 2004: Ferrari
These are all the drivers who have won three or more titles in a row.
  • 1954 - 1957: Juan Manuel Fangio
  • 2000 - 2004: Michael Schumacher

Schumacher has been reprimanded for impeding de la Rosa and Karthikeyan during FP2 of the Korean GP.

There are several drivers with two reprimands now; one more and they will get a 10 place grid drop penalty.

Two Reprimands
Pedro de la Rosa was reprimanded for impeding Heikki Kovalainen in Q1
Pedro de la Rosa was reprimanded for blocking in Q1

Pastor Maldonado was reprimanded for blocking in Q1
Pastor Maldonado was reprimanded and fined €10,000 for causing a collision

Michael Schumacher was reprimanded for impeding Lewis Hamilton in FP3
Michael Schumacher was reprimanded for impeding Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan in FP2

Sebastian Vettel was reprimanded for colliding with Bruno Senna in FP1
Sebastian Vettel was reprimanded for blocking Fernando Alonso in Q3

One Reprimand
Narain Karthikeyan was reprimanded for impeding Fernando Alonso in Q1

Kamui Kobayashi was reprimanded for impeding Nico Hulkenberg in Q1

Nico Hulkenberg was reprimanded for impeding Sergio Perez in FP3

Jean-Eric Vergne was reprimanded for not stopping at the weighbridge after Q1

Mark Webber was reprimanded for leaving the track twice during his in-lap at the end of Q3

Charles Pic was reprimanded and Marussia were fined €5,000 due to Pic impeding Hamilton in FP3

Back
Top Bottom