The 2011 cars

I'm glad the ugly and largely pointless "shark fin" has been regulated.

Other than that, it looks like last years car with a new paint job.

MCLS said:
Maybe its gonna be the same for the other cars

I've got pictures of HRT's launch:

GetImage.aspx

Its painted invisible...

cider_and_toast said:
Other than that, it looks like last years car with a new paint job.

Nail/head/strike. It seem they are doing pretty much exactly the same as McLaren, but lying being political about it.

MCLS said:
Maybe its gonna be the same for the other cars

One way or another we'll find out over the coming days...

God, another season of these puke inducing cars.
Look how well CART worked (track racing wise) with wide-tracks, ground effect and turbos.

New site, same attitude
clip.gif

Back on topic though, I saw on the fancy new feeds section on the home page that Jose Cuervo are going to be sponsoring Sauber, it will be nice to see some colour on that plain white car! Am I right in saying that Sauber are the team with new mexican connections? Could this see an eventual return to a Mexican GP?

Could this see an eventual return to a Mexican GP?

While it would be good to see the return of such a Grand Prix, I think Mexico is sadly way too poor to pay Bernie's rates for a GP. He's too busy milking other countries with no motor racing heritage for race fees, all so we can have empty stands and somewhere for the great and good to be seen in the paddock.

God, I'm cynical
embarrassed.gif

While it would be good to see the return of such a Grand Prix, I think Mexico is sadly way too poor to pay Bernie's rates for a GP. He's too busy milking other countries with no motor racing heritage for race fees, all so we can have empty stands and somewhere for the great and good to be seen in the paddock.

God, I'm cynical :embarrassed:

Not enough sand for starters ;)

Well that wa erm....worth the wait? looks like last years car maybe im getting old now but when i was a kid it used to be really exciting seeing the new cars. Now it seems to be all a little precidactable.

Oh and also I would like to know the last time 'a real F1 car' was unvieled as opposed to an 'interim' one. F1 moves so fast nowadays the cars proberly look quite differnent from when they turned up in Bahrain anyway.

Well, to my untrained mechanical eye I can certainly say:

The livery looks better than last year!

:whistle:

I said untrained mechanical eye, and I meant it!

The Merc looks a wee bit chunky. Not sure what Sauber have done with the back end of their car - odd. But I like the wheels!

The Mercs grown a duckbilled platypus RB6 nose! <--This is the technical explanation...

The Team Lotus car looks like a whole lot more car than last year. Looks like they have left toy town behind and built a proper car. That really does look a whole lot better.

The side pods on that Sauber look tiny and like Galahad I like the wheel design.

The 1Malaysia Lotus also looks like it's ready to leap up in performance. What's the bets that there will be some serious sand bagging going on between Renault and 1Malaysia during the forthcoming test sessions.

Back
Top Bottom