Pre-Season Testing Has Started

To give him some running n the new car in case he's needed during the season?
What would be the point of having a reserve driver if you don't give him any running when the regular driver's injured?

There's also Button's fitness to consider too. I know he is one of if not the fittest driver on the grid due to his triathlons but 4 days of intense driving will take it out of you physically and mentally. Not exactly the best preparation for the 1st race of the season.

If McLaren feel they can get the data from kMag then why not use him.

Its not like he's completely in the dark either. I'm sure an additional comparison between the 2015 car and the 2014 will be most welcome.

I read in the paper that Alonso was to take 4 weeks off to recuperate. (From the head injury he doesn't have according to Ron).
If that is true then he will miss the first race. So KMag needs a bit of experience under his belt.

Incidentally telemetric data from his crash 's been made public and as it turned out he was actually travelling at 134mph when he lost the car, which is about normal speed t that corner.
So he wasn't actually going that slow at all when he crashed?

Incubus
F1Yorkshire
RasputinLives

I agree with everything you've said, or I would agree if McLaren had undergone a normal testing program, but with all that has gone wrong during the Barcelona tests I would have thought that Buttons decades of experience would be invaluable. I honestly don't believe fitness would be an issue for any current driver. They obviously have their reasons and having a second drivers opinion may well be one of them.

Hamilton on softs goes two tenths faster than a Williams on super softs. Oh dear. 2015 seems to be shaping up into an even bigger Merc runaway than 2014.

Time to introduce success ballast anyone??

It is sorry that doesn't have laps time information like on the tests in the 2014.
Therefore we doesn't know how long was the serie of laps when driver made his best time.

Both Autosport and the BBC normally tell you when a short run takes place, especially if it turns out to be a quick one.

Hard to believe but less than one day to go in testing before the Ausralian GP and the McLaren still hasn't left the garage to do an installation lap.

Last edited:
Maybe it's to do with "oil leak" problem yesterday? ;)

Aaah the old oil leak statement... "Yessir, minor oil leak problem. The oil was leaking through that little hole there - in the engine bloc".

I'm starting to think it'll be KMag in Aus and that it won't really bother Alonso that much. If the car is only going to last a few laps anyways he might as well rest up and make sure he is fully well again before he jumps in the car at Malaysia.

He's not going to miss much at this rate is he?

Of course if they stick it together with chewing gum and JB somehow drives through a crash wreckage to get a podium then that'll suck for him but I think the odds on that are currently quite small. I guess Red Bull did it last year though - although they had to break the rules to do it.

Back
Top Bottom