Team / Driver changes

Hasn't Massa been confirmed for 2012 as well, or at least Luca has been making noises in that direction.

Thats Ferrari sorted until the end of 2012.
http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/376931/Massa_will_stay_for_2012__Montezemolo/
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has confirmed Felipe Massa will be staying at the Italian team in 2012, adding that there is "no question about it".
Massa has a contract for next year, but after his disappointing 2010 season there had been rumblings that Mark Webber or Nico Rosberg could be drafted in to replace him. However, Montezemolo told CNN that the Brazilian will still be alongside Fernando Alonso next season.
"Yes, he has a contract with us for this year and for next year - so absolutely yes, no question about it," he answered.

hmmm - we'll see on the Massa front. As long as Perez puts in some decent performances I'd say that second Ferrari seat is his in 2013 - maybe next year if Massa's form falls off again and he puts in a few stunners.

As for the Alonso contract - does anyone else think that he'll actually drive for Ferrari until 2016? Thats a long time. Nando is always going to be a quality driver but surely with the rise of Vettel and if he fails to win the title again this year his stock is going down. You don't think Ferrari will be tempted by a Vettel or a Hamilton before 2016?

As for the Alonso contract - does anyone else think that he'll actually drive for Ferrari until 2016? Thats a long time. Nando is always going to be a quality driver but surely with the rise of Vettel and if he fails to win the title again this year his stock is going down. You don't think Ferrari will be tempted by a Vettel or a Hamilton before 2016?

Nope
Whats 2013 got to do with Massa.His contract expires at the end of 2012.
Nowhere has Massa for 2013 been mentioned.

Nope
Whats 2013 got to do with Massa.His contract expires at the end of 2012.
Nowhere has Massa for 2013 been mentioned.

Hence why I said Perez will take the second Ferrari seat in 2013 - I just meant I'm not sure Ferrari will def keep Massa for 2012 and that depending on how things go perez could come in a year early

Wouldn't be the first time Ferrari had got rid of a driver before his contract ended.

I really hope they don't because I actually really like Massa - just think if he drops off again like he did last year they might start thinking about replacing him early.

You know what:

I've gotta funny feeling that in 2013 we'll see Mark Webber at Ferrari. Him and Alonso are good friends and i can see Webber been a good replacement for Massa, as he'll push Alonso all the way like he does with Vettel.

I guess this also rules out Kubica (if he ever comes back into F1, fingerscrossed he does) in a Ferrari seat aswell until at least 2017.

The most interesting one for 2012 is the 2nd Red Bull seat. I just can't see Webber being kept on for another season but neither of the Toro Rosso drivers look like they woudl set the world alight so who for Red Bull for 2012?

The most interesting one for 2012 is the 2nd Red Bull seat. I just can't see Webber being kept on for another season but neither of the Toro Rosso drivers look like they woudl set the world alight so who for Red Bull for 2012?

I think they'll stick to their guns, and Sebastien Buemi.

My money is on Daniel Ricciardo - they've made a lot of noise about him and seem desprete to get him in one of those Toro Rosso seats before the end of the season.

On a different note how many races you reckon before Sutil is disposed of and The Hulk returns?

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Hulk replaces Sutil, If Eric Lux files a court case, then I doubt Force India will keep Sutil for long.

To be honest Rasputin, Ferrari would be likely to take Kobayashi from Sauber instead of Perez.... Now that would be something

Mercedes seats seem interesting...will Rosberg move? Who will replace Schumacher? My bet is Di Resta or Hulkenberg...I have never rated Sutil highly and since he is getting beat by a rookie, and missed his chance while flirting with team a few years running, don't think he's a worthy candidate for that seat.

To be honest Rasputin, Ferrari would be likely to take Kobayashi from Sauber instead of Perez.... Now that would be something

Oh I would love to see that! however firstly Fernando wouldn't have it and secondly Perez is very much in the Ferrari young driver programme and has been put at Sauber as part of the engine deal to see how he goes in F1 - a bit like they did with Massa - so unfourtunatly for Kobi they have to much invested in Mr Perez not to take him unless he turns out to be awful.

I'd really like Kovalinen to join a team further up the grid. Team Lotus are an ok team, but i'd like to see Kovalinen given a chance in a team like FI or Renault/Lotus, a couple of teams that can get into the points every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom