Sutil involved in a bar fight after the Chinese GP.

Hmmm, Brogan you've got me thinking :thinking:. I qualified my statement in the second part of my post but now you've got me thinking ... did I go too far in my questions in the first part? :dunno:

From the original report:

“I can confirm that there has been an incident on Sunday after the Chinese GP involving Eric Lux, from Genii Capital. Lotus Renault GP is however not in a position to make any comments, as it is a private matter between Eric and the other person.

Originally just one other involved then,

What could have changed?

It's either criminal intent or it's not; a past action - so effects and consequences are apparent. If it is now deemed to be criminal, then there must be a significant divergence from the original report and one has to wonder why it has taken a month to come to this conclusion

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/05/12/sutil-apologises-shanghai-club-brawl/ Here are the facts: the evening of the exciting Chinese GP, Eric Lux some invited guests were relaxing at M1nt, one of the most famous clubs in Shanghai, when Adrian Sutil entered with Lewis Hamilton and his bodyguards. The VIP area was (already) full, but Lux offered some space to the Sutil-Hamilton group, who, it appears, became increasingly disagreeable. The behaviour of Sutil became “unsuitable”, and at when (Lux) asked the driver (Sutil) to calm down he was attacked: Sutil took hold of a champagne glass and (cut/slashed/slit) his (Lux’s) throat, from the ear to the carotid. Lux started bleeding, Hamilton was immediately “extracted” from M1nt by his bodyguards. And although Sutil hurriedly left China by the first flight, Lux was hospitalised and required over 20 stitches.

I find that account utterly incredible.

Why would Lux have waited so long to start criminal proceedings if such a vicious attack really took place?

I have no idea if the report is true.However I do believe this.

http://www.attwilliams.com/forum/sutil-faces-court-over-attack-on-eric-luxE]
Sutil faces court over attack on Eric Lux
Adrian Sutil
May 13 (GMM) One of the next pitstops Adrian Sutil may have to make could be in court of law, it is reported.
The German driver this week apologised after it emerged he injured Renault team owner Genii’s chief executive Eric Lux during a private nightclub party for Lewis Hamilton’s victory in Shanghai.
Lux was wearing a bandage on his neck in Turkey last weekend amid rumours Sutil attacked him with a broken champagne glass and causing him the injury.
It has also been rumoured Lux required more than a dozen stitches, that he has suffered hearing problems since the incident, and that Force India driver Sutil may have been drunk at the time of the attack.
The French language sport24.com website said Lux “has lodged a complaint and the German driver will have to explain himself in co

I find that account utterly incredible.

Why would Lux have waited so long to start criminal proceedings if such a vicious attack really took place?
If it was "criminal" where were the police? Since neither live in China, any charges must now be civil - I would have thought.

I was thinking last night that if Hamilton was with Sutil, then surely he must have seen what happened? And not only Lewis, there must be several witnesses of this alleged "attack" in a crowded nightclub.

lots of witnesses including Hamilton's bodyguards - but would they have been Brits or Chinese?

Back
Top Bottom