Summer break

By the way, the car has done 225,000 miles, so the engine is not exactly new. The clutch, however, has done less than 10,000 miles.

Thanks for the offer Bill,

Mine has seemingly achieved the (near) impossible and snapped the cam chain with only 69000 on the clock. The car was in excellent condition (gorgeous metallic burberry - no, not the chav check stuff), with no rust at all - just a light bit of kerbing on the alloys. It had just been taxed for 12 months, and a brand new set of Avon ZV5's all round. I was tempted to strip it and ebay the bits (alloys, 1/2 leather interior etc), but I can't be bothered - I'm too busy looking for a replacement.

Anyway, rather than let it go directly to the scrappy, I've flogged it to a bloke who does demolition derbies, for £200. At least it will get a "competitive" outing as a final send off, and apparently the P11-144 stands up quite well. God knows what sort of engine he'll stick in it though! I suppose speed isn't the object, just keeping going as long as possible.

If my broken rib gets better quickly and it stops pissing down I'll be getting my arse back on my bike soon.

389267_10150979388883665_1197095405_n.jpg

Getting on top of the garden, giving the dogs some longer walks - hopefully tiring the buggers out, and trying to see if I can use the motorbike for some touring aswell as the commuting in the lovely sunshine we're about to get ;)

Just fixed up next week and a bit to go meet some friends in the middle of the French sticks. They live on a Dutch Barge from the beginning of May to the end of October, it's moored somewhere in Belgium in the winter. Last year we met them near Dijon, spent a day touring round Nuits St. George and Beaune tasting wine. The down side was that I was driving, they don't carry a car on the boat. It seems like it's good weather there so no. 2 Primera Sport will be having it's second trip to the continent in less than a month.

After that it's back to cutting the grass until near the end of the month when it's time for Sorrento (again!).

Pleased to say my rebuild is complete (****ing Windows updates take up 90% of the time).
I even managed to fix the problem with half the RAM not being recognised by re-seating the CPU.

So that saved me having to purchase some new bits, which is welcome as I still need to repair the camera after that **** of a taxi driver dropped it.

Now to sort my FF1...

Back
Top Bottom