Poll Staying up late ? Getting up early ? Watch it at a sensible hour ?

To watch it live or not watch it live that is the question.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
The Melbourne schedule is a red eye special. I was wondering who is going for the hardcore sleep deprived option :dunno:

Me I'm working Friday so can't watch P1. I will see some of P2 before leaving the house and may get up for P3 (undecided)on Saturday, the Qually and Race I'm watching live.

Schedules below

SKY F1 HD

Friday 1am Practice 1
Friday 6am Practice 2
Saturday 2.45am Practice 3
Saturday 6am Qually
Sunday 4.30am Race

BBC

Saturday 1pm Qually
Sunday 2pm Race

I think I will catch Practice 1 as i'm usually half asleep but not at bed at that time, bed for practice 2, same with practice 3.

Qualifying I think I will get up for, the race is on at an iffy time, plus I have work, although that's at 3pm, but I do need some 9 hours or above sleep, and once those birds start chirping around 5am, you can never get back to sleep.

But I might risk it....for a chocolate biscuit....yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!

I won't be up for practice or qualifying. The race presents me with a problem, since I personally don't regard 4:30 as sensible, but 5:59 might be do-able. If I get up then, though, I'll miss Sky's pre-race build up, which I'd quite like to see so I can moan about it later, but if I watch the race without having seen it, then I probably won't bother to go back again and watch it later.

I suppose it mainly depends on how I feel on Saturday. Kudos to those getting up/staying up throughout!

I expect my recurring nightmare about missing the race will surface again this weekend.

Have to get up about ten minutes earlier than usual so I can set the computer up, instead of just switching the TV on.

I would love to get up early for all the session but I am Sky deprived. Would anyone in the Nottingham/Derby area like to invite me round?

I shall be mostly watching the re-runs on BBC due to my lack of Sky sports.

Shame, I used to love the early races, the only ones I get to watch in peace and quiet before the foghorns get out of bed.

Not sure they will be able to connect me by Saturday :dunno:

Sensible time for me I'm afraid.
I'm far too old for pulling all nighters or getting up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning.

I get precious little sleep as it is with my daughter, averaging around 6 very interrupted hours a night.

So don't expect the site to be updated until long after the race is over :D

I'm the opposite. I will need to avoid any potential source of information about the results, as I hate finding the result before I have seen the race.

Being in the states, I love the Aussie schedule.

The season starts a day earlier for us as FP1 is at 9:30 on Thursday night.

And I actually enjoy 2 AM wakeup calls for F1 racing.

I'm the opposite. I will need to avoid any potential source of information about the results, as I hate finding the result before I have seen the race.

I meant more for practice sessions and quali which I won't get to see. Of course anyone telling me anything about the race before the BBC show will be shot at dawn for a week!

We poor Sky deprived people should set a thread up called "whats happening now!" where the people with Sky give us 2 min updates on whats going on. lol
That's called 'Chat' Rasputin! Those with Sky or 'whatever' may be happy to help via that medium!

Back
Top Bottom