SPOTY 2017

I stand by he took advantage of crash to the win the tour. Because Geraint Thomas has said as much he was at the tour to be the super domestique for froome so froome can win a record equalling 5th title & worst case scenario a fallback if froome withdraws through injury/illness then thomas gets his go at the vuelta. But that incident gave thomas the opportunity to get co leadership with froome & its 1 thing to get that opportunity but he seized that opportunity with fantastic summit finish on alpe dhuez to win the tour

Come on this is a crash. No other way to put it
download.jpg

Well that was a different stage, wasn't it? That was stage 9 during which he didn't lose time due to his crash.
I watched all of every stage on TV, don't tell my boss, and listened to countless interviews with many of the "players". Thomas was not completely backed by Team Sky until stage 19, and until then they were more behind Froome than Thomas.

mustve been a misunderstanding because thats the stage I was on about because until that stage. his advantage was meaningless, then his injuries & fatigue from giro started to accumulate. he put the thought in the brailsford & the media head. true it wasnt til late that they were 100%. but he was given permission to attack. unlike Wiggins & Froome in 2012. but you can understand why because team sky were 1 of the most risk averse team I can remember

although I was discussing that sky have had 3 tour winners, Wiggins Froome & Thomas but Wiggins won, Thomas won, Froome 5th. whats up with Froome is it the perceived & probable right reputation as a boring winner. in personality or racing style

Once again Lewis opened his mouth and inserted his boot (or pretty slipper) into his mouth. Now he’s rushing around insisting he didn’t mean what he said.
It’s time someone pointed out that he should engage his brain before he opens his mouth.

Nice thought but ivI' never met anyone who's succeeded on that front.
Lack of brain (or more accurately, empathy) usually results in foot in mouth.

But then I doubt there are many world champions with empathy (while they're winning).

Back
Top Bottom