Sky vs BBC F1 Coverage

So Sky manged to get something like 10% of their entire customer base watching. That's pretty impressive.
The BBC were 1.6 million down on last year. Ouch. Plus they missed everything that happened after the race and decided to show football instead on the red button, unless I'm mistaken. Poor effort. Their coverage overall is decent enough quality...when they actually have coverage i.e. shoehorn it in around everything else. I couldn't even find live text updates of some of the sessions from the races so far this year...because they didn't have any. Piss poor effort considering all their promises. That alone makes me want to blow them off all together.

Has anyone listened to 5Live? I'm listening to them on iPlayer and it is fantastic to be frank! Jaime and James work awesomely together and they are much more decisive than the other 2 teams on Sky and BBC main! Great pairing, credit where it's due to 5 live on that front! Any news on Legard replacing James Allen for some races?

They had a forum after the race.

Immediately on the red button? Did they show it live and in real time or was it only made available the following day on the iPlayer? My understanding is the latter.

I was watching it! It was pretty funny especially when they do this to an injured EJ!
As2zW-WCIAA_4HF.jpg:large

Immediately on the red button? Did they show it live and in real time or was it only made available the following day on the iPlayer? My understanding is the latter.
On the red button to non-freeview viewers, as on freeview there is only 1 red button channel.

No. I was watching the Sky coverage. Basically, was the forum shown live and on the red button immediately after the BBC1 coverage stopped broadcasting? If it was then I stand corrected and accept that but if it wasn't then the BBC get an even more sour look from me that they already had!

On the red button to non-freeview viewers, as on freeview there is only 1 red button channel.
So basically it wasn't shown live and after the race to people who only have FTA TV? I.e. the vast majority of BBC viewers. Pff. Tossers.

Jos are you British and do you have a regular 'freeview only' box or did you watch the forum online?

And there endeth the story.

So I'm correct in saying that on terrestrial TV here in the UK that the forum was not available immediately after the race on the red button. I'm not being picky or bloody minded. I just needed to have the facts correct to match up with what I thought was the case already (posted above)!! :)

Back
Top Bottom