Sky vs BBC F1 Coverage

To be fair to Crofty, he had a real off day today. He's normally better. I enjoy listening to Crofty, but he has to do better. What annoys me with F1 commentators is they seem to spend half their time looking at lap data, rather than seeing what is right in front of them. Also, the GPS data is far more useful now days for working out what is going on, so they should look to use that more.

Anyone else see Jake and DC bump into Martin on the F1 forum. It was good banter. It's bizarre how awkward it came across as I'm sure they see more of each other than they made out in the video. It came across as similar to when you bump into an old school friend you haven't seen for years.

It made me laugh too in his grid walk where he didn't want to wait for BBC with Mark Webber so he ran round the other side of the Red Bull to look at the car.

Croft was appalling, seemed to get every drivers name wrong during that race, as if his commentray didn't annoy before, then the Sky guys go on to say Vettel lost his KERS, when quite clearly he used it just before they came to such a conclusion.

Croft made Legard look like Brundle...

Not sure if this is relevant, but I found that Croft was brilliant with both Anthony Davidson and Karun on 5Live last year during practice, because not too much happened and he could talk and suggest things when not much was happening, but on the odd occasion that I listened during the races, he didn't seem to be good, perhaps a bit over-excited at times?

I thought Sky had got wise to me using a mate's sky go login on my laptop, turns out he'd just changed his laptop and it's all back now :D

Great coverage by the BBC today. Ben Edwards, Eddie and Gary Anderson really improved. It flowed nicely, and I didn't get bored at all, with a comedic moment thrown in during the forum. Also, the interview with Frank Williams was really good. Can't comment on Sky's coverage as I didn't see it.

Poor gridwalk by Brundle today. I was also unimpressed in Georgie & Ant's discussion on Maldonado's starting capabilities, which served to tell me nothing at all, I'll be ignoring their "Big Etch-a-Sketch" bit in future.
I think that Damon's view is really of value and he works well with Johnny so thumbs up for that.
In all, I'll keep tuning in to Sky, I flicked across to BBC a couple of times to see DC when Brundle was struggling on the grid - I'm sure even I could say "clean side of the grid" to drivers too so I'm not that impressed.

I thought the Croft + Brundle partnership was better this race even though, as gethinceri said, the gridwalk was surprisingly poor

Do you speak English? Let's have a Marty's random person, Do you speak English?
I liked it quite funny, DC doing a voice over on a commentary lap was awkward, it's change, change isn't good! When I head the music i expected Martin to come on! I need to check DC's gridwalk. I wanted a DC gridwalk but can it ever be as good as Martins?! What would be funnier than Martin's is Ben Edwards grid walk! Especially if he tries to talk to the taller guys!

I'll look forward to Sky's apparent improvement, Lazenby and Hill have been very stilted to my mind. Maybe Herbert helps. The BBC were excellent in Spain, Edwards and Anderson are great additions and have matured the coverage a bit.

I like DC's gridwalk, he was very calm, it was like a mood room with his voice... He said that it was a very calm grid, Martins gridwalk made it look hectic! I can't wait for them to meet at Button!

I liked G's post re the BBC comment. I reckon Edwards & Anderson are great as well.
I can't comment on Sky, as I don't go there....

I like Gary, he's very informative and simple! I also think they should use Jaime Alguesauri and James Allen more, they both know a lot even though I'm sure many will hate seeing James Allen on!

Is it me or has Brundle adopted a slightly more, shall we say "populist" style of presenting since joining Sky?...

Back
Top Bottom