Sky F1 2012

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So, the BBC have sold out. It has happened. And they've got their own thread...

Meanwhile, if you want to see all the Grands Prix this year, you're going to need Brundle, Croft, Hill et al on Sky F1.

It is difficult to assess at this stage what they will do, but the Sky coverage certainly has a certain potential to it...

So here is the Sky F1 discussion thread...

I'm another one looking forward to how sky bring on some fresh thinking.

I'm not happy that F1 has moved away from the standard free channels, but I don't feel sky is to blame...

If we must find blame let's go the the channel that renegotiated their way out of a commitment, of an F1 boss who used liberal interpretation to allow them the rake in some sky cash. Sky should never be blamed for chasing down a deal like this, and since I have the package that let's me have it for free I will breathe a big sigh of relief that I don't have to make any complicated decisions...

So, based on where we are... Go Sky! - and good call on Sky for leaving Jake, Eddie and Davie boy behind :)

This split has got farce written all over it!

I think with F1 going to Sky, it will go quite commercial like football. BBC will just won't be as good with most of it's key members are gone, plus with only 10 races.

I hope Sky prove me wrong, but by getting Damon Hill... :shocked:

On paper the Sky offering looks far superior to the BBC.

All races are being shown live, the line-up is far better (thank goodness I no longer have to suffer Humphreys, Jordan and Coulthard) and the dedicated channel is on for something like 60 hours for each GP.

More details of the Sky offering.

On non-F1 race weeks, the Sky F1 channel will be on:
  • 2000 - 2300 Monday to Thursday
  • 1900 - 2300 Friday
  • 1500 - 2300 Saturday & Sunday
So that's 32 hours of programming, probably a mixture of repeats, interviews, etc.

On F1 race weeks, the channel will be on:
  • 2000 - 2300 Monday to Thursday
  • 0700 - 0000 Friday to Sunday
Which is 63 hours of programming.

Operating dates will be March 9 to November 30.

Anyone blaming Sky need to look no further than the BBC who shafted every F1 fan and tax licence payer.

I for one am looking forward to seeing what Sky do.

I hope this channel crashes and burns! I’m sorry but I’m just bitter about having to watch crappy highlights on the BBC after watching F1 for 20 years unless I fork out even more cash to greedy rich corporate giants.

Look around, there are ways to watch F1 next year and not to pay anything to Sky.

Back
Top Bottom