Site changes over the coming few weeks

I think I'm going to go with the age old solution of coloured user names.

That is the most obvious solution as the software allows for that without any additional work.

So don't be alarmed if your user name changes colour, there is a reason for it.

Edit: I'm not entirely happy with this solution as it may end up looking a bit garish. On the other hand, it's only right that those who have upgraded their accounts are recognised for doing so.

May I make a teeny tiny suggestion?

If under our avatars you did away with the word Fantasy and replaced it with FF1 Profile etc then you would save a line and shorten the box below which sometime projects beyond the the post, thus saving space on each page.

Mephisto "Every Little Helps."....LOL

Is it wrapping to a new line for you Mephistopheles?

I see this:

And me too (on my laptop at 1080p, so available screen space isn't exactly an issue!).

Mephistopheles just hit start and type "snip" to find the snipping tool in Windows 8. That's the easiest and quickest way to find most things.

snip.PNG

P.S. I'm liking the purple!

LOL

Funny you should say that F1Yorkshire, I have been trying to decide whether there is a "colour heirarchy" to apply to the upgraded accounts :D

Sadly we are limited in the colours which can be used as they need to display well on the light grey background.
The choice seems to be black, blue, green, purple, red.

I shall carry on experimenting.

Thanks sushifiesta, I suspect that may be a rendering issue between different browsers.
Which one are you using?
I'll see if I can get it to display on one line (oh the joys of working with different OS and browsers...).

Having gone on a browser installation spree, it only happens in Internet Explorer on my laptop - it doesn't happen in Chrome, Firefox or Opera. However, it does also happen on both the in built browser and the Chrome mobile browser on my android phone.

Being a Yorkshireman I'm genetically offended by anything red. Would it be possible to choose your own colour if you purchase the top account upgrade. If the standard contributors colour was red I would be forced to upgrade to make sure I don't have red in my name! Childish I know but who wants to be associated with that Lancashire scum lol! Much offense meant MCLS LOL

LOL

Sadly it can only be set at the user group level for all members.
So perhaps I need to find the most offensive colour for regular members to force people to upgrade :D

Black is already set for the Registered user group - as you can see from mine now :)
(Mine will only ever be black as I haven't purchased an upgrade.)

I was leaning towards that somewhat teabagyokel so I'll work on that later.

Back
Top Bottom