Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Bitter, twisted little man that can't get over 2008.

This claim keeps coming from Hamilton fans, the man was gracious in defeat and was and has been friendly with Hamilton from then on, it's this season that Hamilton has been caught up in several incidents with Massa and ruining Massa's session, therefore not surprised he has started to have a grudge over him (in no way am I saying the grudge is a good thing, but I can understand his frustration, and it's not from "2008" as many Hamilton supporters claim).

This claim keeps coming from Hamilton fans, the man was gracious in defeat and was and has been friendly with Hamilton from then on, it's this season that Hamilton has been caught up in several incidents with Massa and ruining Massa's session, therefore not surprised he has started to have a grudge over him (in no way am I saying the grudge is a good thing, but I can understand his frustration, and it's not from "2008" as many Hamilton supporters claim).
Sorry Sly this is the first time I have said this about Massa and I felt extremely sorry for him after Brazil and agree his was gracious. But what he said after yesterday's race was completely disproportionate, personal and nasty. That doesn't happen after a couple of incidents. Massa is hardly a perfect driver incident free is he? How dare he. He clipped someone with his front wing at Monaco - it happens. What he said was bitter and he should apologise.

Sorry Sly this is the first time I have said this about Massa and I felt extremely sorry for him after Brazil and agree his was gracious. But what he said after yesterday's race was completely disproportionate, personal and nasty. That doesn't happen after a couple of incidents. Massa is hardly a perfect driver incident free is he? How dare he. He clipped someone with his front wing at Monaco - it happens. What he said was bitter and he should apologise.

I am not getting further into this, but why did he clip someone's front wing in Monaco? It's because he got hit from behind by Hamilton, on top of that his front wing got damaged with a whole in it resulting losing downforce, nothing at all happened to Webber, Massa had no grip and suffered from massive amounts of understeer therefore crashed in the tunnel through no fault of his own.

It hasn't been a "couple of incidents" there's been a fair few this season, yes he was personal and his actions weren't that good, Hamilton may feel he's targeted by the stewards, I think Massa feels the way this seasons going and the amount of times they have came together that Hamilton is targeting him for a demolition derby battle.

What did Massa say (other than "good job")?

What did Massa say that was 'personal' and 'nasty'. We don't get all the post-race video coverage in Canada so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am not getting further into this, but why did he clip someone's front wing in Monaco? It's because he got hit from behind by Hamilton

No I think from memory it happened in qualifying or practice or something - nobody was disadvantaged and Hamilton wasn't involved (I don't think). I remember Brundle commenting after a few times earlier this season that the Ferrari drivers didn't seem to know where their front wings were (a comment more on the car dimensions rather than a criticism of the drivers).

Everyone is entitled to a heat of the moment rant. But after reviewing the footage and realising it was totally over the top they should apologise afterwards. So yes in my view he needs to apologise. I'll accept that the 2008 comment may have been harsh.

What did Massa say (other than "good job")?

What did Massa say that was 'personal' and 'nasty'. We don't get all the post-race video coverage in Canada so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify it was Massa's lone interview, not the pat on the back which I thought was very mild compared to reports! He was saying repeatedly that Hamilton doesn't think, he doesn't learn, he doesn't listen, he could have caused a serious accident... and then at the end made a rather vicious comment along the lines of 'ask his father, he'll tell you'.

No I think from memory it happened in qualifying or practice or something - nobody was disadvantaged and Hamilton wasn't involved (I don't think). I remember Brundle commenting after a few times earlier this season that the Ferrari drivers didn't seem to know where their front wings were (a comment more on the car dimensions rather than a criticism of the drivers).

Everyone is entitled to a heat of the moment rant. But after reviewing the footage and realising it was totally over the top they should apologise afterwards. So yes in my view he needs to apologise. I'll accept that the 2008 comment may have been harsh.

Fair do's. :thumbsup:

Just to clarify it was Massa's lone interview, not the pat on the back which I thought was very mild compared to reports! He was saying repeatedly that Hamilton doesn't think, he doesn't learn, he doesn't listen, he could have caused a serious accident... and then at the end made a rather vicious comment along the lines of 'ask his father, he'll tell you'.

Doesn't seem to be that nasty.

Lewis doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and he doesn't think at times. Sir Jackie Stewart has come out and said the exact same thing.

You think Anthony Hamilton doesn't think what Massa and Stewart think?

Anthony Hamilton has just come out and said something to the effect of (paraphrasing):

Look at the other drivers down the grid. Their managers actually come to the races and are in their lives.

The truth hurts sometimes.

Hamilton doesn't seem to have progressed much from 07-09, frankly.

Hamilton doesn't seem to have progressed much from 07-09, frankly.

Now that's an interesting point actually, I think he did a grand job in 2009, and in the first half 2010, I would go as far and would have given him the "most complete driver on the grid" title in the first half of 2010, but from the second half onwards he has seemingly gone backwards, and many have said he hasn't "grown" from 2008, I think it's an interesting point, I wonder what his approach will be in 2012, I hope he bounces back stronger.

Now that's an interesting point actually, I think he did a grand job in 2009, and in the first half 2010, I would go as far and would have given him the "most complete driver on the grid" title in the first half of 2010, but from the second half onwards he has seemingly gone backwards...

I would agree with all that. Hamilton was the best driver in F1 in 2010 up to Belgium. (He also had some luck in that Belgian GP when he went into the gravel...but he did win there.).

Since then some magic wand's been waved and Vettel's been blessed whilst Hamilton's been cursed.

Ray, he went for an overtake on a driver in a slower car that was holding him up and putting him further behind the pack when realistically he could have got a podium. He clearly realised going into the corner he wasn't going to make it and slammed the brakes on which unfortunately led to an incident. What exactly is not thinking, not learning and warranting needing his family being brought into it?

Massa was minding his own business the same as in qualifying so I am in no way claiming he is to blame one iota and yes frustrations will come through. But I've seen Massa allow the room for other drivers that he didn't in Monaco, he was most definitely weaving in front of Button at Australia. Massa has a lot to learn himself and his comments were over the top. For goodness sake Hamilton finished 5th despite being behind him twice, having a wing change and a drive through. Blame Schumacher for the safety car!

It's not his place to say these things and it's quite frankly vindictive and not the first time it's happened. Say it to him not about him. Jeez how old are they??

Now that's an interesting point actually, I think he did a grand job in 2009, and in the first half 2010

Agreed. Something that Vettel (and to an extent Alonso) has over him is the ability to perform under pressure and negative pressure. That said one would wonder if in the position Alonso and Hamilton have found themselves in going into the last race of the season how he would do - but that's for the Vettel thread and lets face it, not gonna happen this year!

We’ve all said silly things or things we didn’t mean in the heat of the moment, just ours aren’t recorded by dozens of reporters and broadcasted around the globe, and even if they were no-one would care as we're not famous.

But it wasn't in the heat of the moment, it was after the race and was pre meditated

It was cowardly and befitting of a guy who has spent almost two years bending over to lash out at a guy who is seemingly weakened

But it wasn't in the heat of the moment, it was after the race and was pre meditated

It was cowardly and befitting of a guy who has spent almost two years bending over to lash out at a guy who is seemingly weakened

He was still smarting after the race - we've seen the same types of reaction from Barrichello and Hamilton. It's your first chance to speak to anybody and rant so it's perfectly normal.

Well apparently (not sure who mentioned this, James Allen I think. It was on Twitter) Massa tried to talk to Hamilton as they got out of their cars but Lewis just turned around and walked away without saying anything. If it's true then that would have only added to his frustration.

Not trying to make excuses for him as I think he went over the line a bit (even though I can understand it somewhat), just trying to find a reason why he got that pissed because of it.

Well apparently (not sure who mentioned this, James Allen I think. It was on Twitter) Massa tried to talk to Hamilton as they got out of their cars but Lewis just turned around and walked away without saying anything. If it's true then that would have only added to his frustration.
Massa said this himself http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/9/12573.html although I think following his comments after qualifying I don't blame Hamilton for not wanting to talk to him either.
They need to sit down and have their heads banged together.

Back
Top Bottom