Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

downforce I think if you give Hulk a half decent car at Brazil then he'd kick ass.

Lewis, who is ususally top notch on the circuits described as drivers circuits, appears to have a big black mark on his score card where Suzuka is concerned although he has beem unlucky. He lists it as one of his favourite places to race at too saying its a modern classic (which it is). Maybe a decent result this year?

RasputinLives - I'm not sure it is drivers' circuits that suit Hamilton so much as circuits with slow corners. His best tend to be Hungary, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Montreal... and he's also won at Indy, Monaco, Fuji etc.

The circuits where, by his standards, results have been not so good are places like Barca, Suzuka, Silverstone, Bahrain and New Delhi with lots of fast corners.

Excluding 2011, the difference between a good Hamilton and a bad Hamilton is the difference between very good and unbelievable. He's had his best results, consistently, at tracks with many slow corners, and his best sectors at other tracks contain slow corners.

That's the kind of corner where he's as good as anyone who has ever been strapped into an F1 car, rather than merely excellent.

Could it be the McLaren hasn't suited that track? He was pretty tidy there this year until his tyre blew.....and afterwards going from last to fourth. And in 2006 he was stunning in GP2 winning both races.

He must be lousy on fast tracks like Silverstone. I mean, he only goes fast enough to nab pole or at least a somewhere near the top of the grid. Then he goes and lets himself get taken out by a Massa or a Maldonado, have crap pit stops, blow his tyres up, incur the wrath of stewards, get told to save fuel and/or tyes, conserve the brakes and stop thinking about dolly bird troubles. Tsk, tsk.:facepalm:

Sheesh Fenders, you don't have to act all defensive. I'm pretty sure I never read the word "lousy", only that he is not as good there and at other circuits than he is at circuits with lots of slow corners.

Yeah I don't think anyone called Lewis rubbish on any track.

Although I think I could take him in a straight race between Nottingham and Derby down Brian Clough Way. He wouldn't stand a chance with my inside knowledge on the road bumps and speed cameras

Excuse me but it was me calling him lousy because I was posting a sarcastic remark about how lousy he is on tracks with fast corners. So it was me who called him lousy. Obviously my error was in not hiding the post away in a Rootersport story about how he's messed up again. Oh, and obviously compounded by asking "What about China?" in the same thread.

Interesting though that my comment was misconstrued as being defensive and that I was somehow accusing someone else as saying that he was lousy. I repeat so there can be no mistake and so no-one feels the need to defend themselves:

It was me who called Lewis Hamilton lousy !!

Hope that's clear enough LOL

Silverstone eh, yeah its not a Montreal or a Hungary for him, but he has had some good results there.

2007: (pole, low fuel) 3rd - dry.
2008: Dominant win - wet
2010: 2nd - dry

2011: As I recall he was on for 3rd but McLaren mistakenly thought he was low on fuel and told him to slow down dropping him out of the podium. Do I have that right?
Pulled a brilliant overtake on Alonso with Alonso on the dry line and Hamilton on the wet line with spray coming off his slick tyres down I believe the national pits straight?

2013: pole - dry!
Would have certainly won and his comeback through the field was fantastic!

PS: not really relevant but his race against Alosno in 2009 over 16th place was a lot of fun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom