Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm sure he will have a beaming smile too....LOL

So will I F1ang-o........ if Lewis just makes the podium at the season opener in 2013.

I'm hoping that the Coanda exhaust that Mercedes used first at Singapore, will start to pay them dividends for the rest of the season.

Looking forward towards Lewis possibly adding Suzuka on his list of classic wins, but will be over the moon if Michael or Nico finish on the podium.

I to think he has made the right decision as it does not seem healthy to me to spend ones whole career with a single team, I do remember him saying when he first drove for McLaren that he intended to stay with them for his entire career and I thought at the time that wouldn't be the right thing to do.....

lewymp4
I am now feeling quite excited about the Mercedes move.......new exhaust etc

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/90134.html
It seems Lewis wants to get in on the engineering/design......Ross is ok with that Lewis' input ....

Earlier this year..re tyres/testing ..McLaren didn't want him there.

F1ang-o.... The nonsense of Lewis being excluded from in season tire testing, that he may want to attend, will come to an end with Ross.

At first I was rather upset with Lewis, and the decision that he made to join Mercedes. Now that I have returned to a reasonable state of sanity, I'm really starting to come around, and glad that he's made the move.

In my mind that test issue was the tiniest of issues, hardly worth mentioning as I saw it McLaren weren't doing that much and wanted to assess their reserve drivers I really did not see the problem with that and I honestly don't think they were trying to disadvantage Lewis in any, way, shape or form....

At first I was rather upset with Lewis, and the decision that he made to join Mercedes. Now that I have returned to a reasonable state of sanity, I'm really starting to come around, and glad that he's made the move.

We will probably never know all that has gone on, but I think Lewis has always behaved with good manners & never bears a grudge. IMO Whitmarsh didn't appreciate Lewis...just put up with him...& IMO gave him advice that was a load of :censored:

Now I feel a sense of relief...that Lewis has joined Merc with Norbert, Nico, Ross & Co.........great blokes.....:thumbsup:
I bet he has a spring in his step......bet he can't wait til next year.....Bring it on....:cheer:

I understand what you are saying F1ang-o but it is not fair that a team should allow a driver rail road over young drivers time in an F1 car, they get precious little of it as it is and they desperately need the experience also the team needs to be able to assess them, I believe McLaren did the right thing in that situation and in all honesty it cost Lewis absolutely nothing at all.....

Mephistopheles
The only benefit I can see...is he has not got Whitmarsh to contend with..I would rather he was at McLaren with Ross the Boss.....
Lewis wants to get more involved within the team...perhaps he will have his own team one day...

So you honestly believe that Whitmarsh is the cause of all of Hamilton's woes? I do not wish to be rude but isn't that a rather negative attitude to take?

As for his own team I find that to be very unlikely....

Lewis has stagnated at Mclaren, and I think for both Mclaren and Lewis' sake the move was necessary. I know Im a Lewis fan, but I accept he may be difficult for a rigid team like Mclaren to accomodate. Lewis is clearly very keen to contribute on a more technical level than he is doing at present. I thought the quotes from Brawn that someone else posted very revealing, when Lewis said to Brawn that he knows what he needs and tells them but they work on other things and if only he could get the thing he is talking about he knows the car would go faster (sorry cant remember exact words). lewis isnt the most articulate person and hasnt been to university to study engineering, but Ross immedieatly homed in on those sentiments of his. If he can get an engineer to work with Lewis and understand his needs then I think he will move up a whole other notch. I wonder if at McLaren he i still thought of as the 14 year old boy they took under their wing so may years ago.? Only time will tell but I think McLaren was no longer the place for him, for the reasons Ive just stated and reasons Ive stated before. Next year will be a learning year and a settling in year, hopefully a win ot two as well . 2014 I hope will be a very good year, but if it isnt I still think he's made the right move and I think he will too.

I didn't say Whitmarsh was the cause of all his twoes.........

Time will tell....the Hamiltons are a racing family...

& It's a gnight from me.....:wave: :sleeping:

We will probably never know all that has gone on, but I think Lewis has always behaved with good manners & never bears a grudge. IMO Whitmarsh didn't appreciate Lewis...just put up with him...& IMO gave him advice that was a load of :censored:

Now I feel a sense of relief...that Lewis has joined Merc with Norbert, Nico, Ross & Co.........great blokes.....:thumbsup:
I bet he has a spring in his step......bet he can't wait til next year.....Bring it on....:cheer:

So, if LH has problems at Mercedes with unreliability, or any problems with pitstops, or any such thing, then presumably you'll be calling for Ross Brawn's head as well?

Back
Top Bottom