Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The Artist.....Yes on Planet F1. Denied by his management team and their statement said negotiations were progressing with McLaren. Mind you, who do you believe, though I guess you have to believe a statement by his management rather than Eddie Jordan.

Brogan......Absolutely true it's just that this thread has recently been concentrating on Lewis's contract negotiations. There have been times when Alonso's behavior has been very poor but I've said on this site in the past, we watch these young men grow up warts and all in the public eye and it's often not pretty. By the time they reach their late twenties early thirties they usually mature into decent people as has Alonso now he's found the environment he thrives in.

Brogan......Further to what I've just said. Hamilton and Alonso are very different personalities. I think it goes without saying Lewis is full of emotion and wears his heart on his sleeve which makes him very easy to read. Alonso on the other hand is fiercely private and I think its fair to say only his family and very close friends truly know him. His reaction in the past when accusations have been leveled at him is to ignore it. In his words "i know the truth and that's all that matters". Why would he deny anything anyway, no one would believe him.

Kravitz .is just conjecturing the same as everyone else. It could be a negotian ploy, but it could be genuine, we'll have to wait and see. Mercedes are non too happy with the F1 results so far Im sure, but if they could secure Hamilton(marketing) and steal a march with the new regs, since they have the engine, well maybe mercedes would commit to that. And Brawn has delivered in 3 teams already.

Interesting. So Hamilton is only (rumoured to be) considering moving to a team with less money because he wants more money. The way some people speculate and their reasons for it is nothing short of amazing. Emotional, immature, money grabbing, lucky idiot. Okay then :givemestrength:

Kewee pelase don't make comments about Hamilton's career path as you clearly know very, very little about it.

On a different note entirely, I see Lewis Hamilton has been climbing this week...

http://twitter.com/#!/LewisHamilton/media/slideshow?url=http://instagr.am/p/POs563r09n/

(And re-started on the twittering...)

I'm always amazed at what is (and what isn't) prohibited in drivers contracts when it comes to sports though! In the past, many "dangerous" sports were prohibited in F1 drivers contracts - yet now we see drivers mountain biking, rallying, snow-mobiling, climbing, etc etc... and several have been injured in doing so...

He's roped up and wearing a helmet. It's pretty safe. I've done a fair bit of rock climbing in my time. Free climbing is a whole different ball game.

Brogan.... The other photos in the set show that it was quite a big climb, but he appeared to be second climbing (someone had already climbed up a section and put in a rope), which again makes it safer....... (Oh racecub - it's a cap btw)

I agree - had it been free climbing, now that would have been a different story!

(I'm not criticising in any way - btw)

Personally, as a team boss, I'd be putting clauses in contracts saying "No adventure sports" ... But I suppose F1 drivers are generally adrenalin junkies, so they're always going to want to push the boundaries!

Back
Top Bottom