Should team orders be allowed?

Should team orders be allowed?

• Total voters
Brogan said:
A very cutting remark was made by Martin Whitmarsh yesterday.

"I know we did everything in our power to be fair and equitable, and I certainly said to a gentleman who is not here [at McLaren] today that if you want to win a world championship then you want to look yourself in a mirror and know you won it and it has not been gifted. And I think that is the right approach."

I wonder who he means...

...and he was talking about 2007, was he? Well, the certain gentleman can look himself in the mirror and realise he lost the 2007 title all on his own!

Time to bounce this thread back to the top of the pile I think.

So from next year there will no longer be a ban on Team Orders. As I argued in this thread some months ago I think that's the right way to go since the ban has proven to be almost impossible to police.

It's ironic that the man who was responsible for the ban being implemented is also the man who now as FIA president is in a position to revoke it and it's also ironic that the debate was re-openend thanks to another "race result reversal" by Ferrari.

I think so, at the end of the day a Team will decide what they want to do, their own directives, I think both drivers will know beforehand the exact position, favouring a runaway racer while asking the other to do his best to forward the teams efforts and the other driver is perfectly fair game.

Team orders are for the manufacturers Championship which has nothing to do with the spectacle of the racing. Team orders should be banned totally and strictly enforced and the drivers allowed to race each other. Any interference with this means someone at some point is backing off and not driving to their full potential.

There will always will be team orders, even if it is banned...

It's part of the sport which will never die out...think we should all live with it...

The bad thing about team orders is it ruins the spectacle of the race, but your just going to have to learn to live with it, the drivers have there say on whether they choose to do it or not aswell so all the team can do is tell them to do it, its the drivers that actually do it

Team orders are for the manufacturers Championship which has nothing to do with the spectacle of the racing. Team orders should be banned totally and strictly enforced and the drivers allowed to race each other. Any interference with this means someone at some point is backing off and not driving to their full potential.

I first posted this on 1st June - I haven't read anything yet that has changed my mind. It spoils the racing and makes a mockery of it if you "ask"/"tell" a driver to do ANYTHING other than race to win. :givemestrength:

Back
Top Bottom