Should only one car score points in the WCC?

Think this was due FIA making all teams have two cars, therefore the previous system wasn't necessary to prevent three car teams gaining an advantage. Personally I think three-car and one-car teams would only make the sport better. But that's just my two cents.

I don't understand how it will eradaicate team orders. in fact i could sort of see more of teams favoring 1 driver and perhaps putting all there eggs in 1 basket. Perhaps even having 1 world class driver and a very average 2nd driver to do some set up work perhaps. reduce the wage bill, and perhaps even hire pay drivers. The closer points gap is an illusion created by having 1 driver scoring. with almost bullet proof reliability it could even become harder to chase down a points gap if there are two even drivers in the team.

you know what the 1 car system works for motogp the 2 car system works for formula 1 essenitally because it doesn't actually create much of a differnce. If it aint broke why fix it.

I think it would be a terrible idea to change the system. Doing so could even conceivably punish a lesser team that, through strange circumstances manages to score great points in one race.

Lets say that conditions in Hungary hadlead to the elimination of both Bulls and one each from McLaren and Ferrari, and the two that weren't eliminated were damaged. So, if Lotus were, through those conditions, to score a 1-2, they would lose a large part of the benefit of their luck on that occassion. Not fair in my book, especially since money for the teams standing is involved!

If a team builds a dominant car, they should be allowed to reap the rewards in points.

I think it would be a terrible idea to change the system. Doing so could even conceivably punish a lesser team that, through strange circumstances manages to score great points in one race.

Lets say that conditions in Hungary hadlead to the elimination of both Bulls and one each from McLaren and Ferrari, and the two that weren't eliminated were damaged. So, if Lotus were, through those conditions, to score a 1-2, they would lose a large part of the benefit of their luck on that occassion. Not fair in my book, especially since money for the teams standing is involved!

If a team builds a dominant car, they should be allowed to reap the rewards in points.

If the Lotus cars finished in the points through attrition, it would not be because they built a dominant car.

In my personal view the WCC is fine as it is. If a team builds a brilliant car and can run a 2 car team successfully then so be it. I'm wary about 3 car teams purely because certain teams will have much greater influence on rules and regulations because they will have more clout. Having said that, I think if HRT and even Virgin started off with 1 car teams then I believe they would be in a much better position than they are today. It would also have given other contenders deemed not as good by the FIA a chance to also run in the championship (and start-off costs cheaper). Maybe that should be the way forward?

Back
Top Bottom