Senna the Movie

Chad Stewarthill

Champion Elect
Contributor
Ok, a short sharp 'article'.

I just watched the preview dvd of the movie that came with my copy of Top Gear magazine.
It's going to be awesome. Never mind the Spanish grand Prix, now I can't wait for June 3rd.

It's coming out this Friday 3rd June.

Will anyone be going to see it?

I plan too if it's been shown around my area but apparently it's not been shown in all cinema's. Which is a big shame as it would attract lots of motorsport fans to go and see it.

It's a marvellous documentary and i can honestly say that i actually shed a tear with this movie. It answered a lot of questions for me of what happened in Suzuka 88/89. After watching the incident i really understood why Senna crashed against Prost.
It's also really nice to see some behind the scene footage, like the driver meetings, where you can see Senna already pushing to increase safety. One thing that really made me sick was the politics back than, where JMB showed that to much power in the wrong hands never ends well.

My favourite documentary and i am sure you guys will really enjoy it.

Does anyone know where we can find a list of Cinemas Showing this nationwide? I think Empire around my way is showing it from 21st June, but I would like to see it sooner if is due out this Friday!!

I can't wait for this. Tickets are booked for Saturday! :) I know a fair few Showcase Cinemas are showing it, but for one week only, with a couple more special showings at the end of the month, or to coincide with the British GP

Well to say I'm angry is an understatment, despite living in a highly populated area of the country, it looks as though I've got 4 options; >:(:givemestrength::censored::spank:

1) Drive a 68mile round trip
2) Wait and see if my 16 screen cinema can find time to fit it in between JLS 3D :o and 100,000 showings of Pirates of the Caribean. >:(
3) Hope a dodgy individual offers me a copy on DVD at a pub / DIY store / Supermarket car park. :thinking: :no:
4) Don't bother watching it. :no:

Looks like a 68 mile round trip is on the cards, followed by a trip to my LOCAL >:( cinema to discuss just what the :censored: they think they are playing at.

Well to say I'm angry is an understatment, despite living in a highly populated area of the country, it looks as though I've got 4 options; >:(:givemestrength::censored::spank:

1) Drive a 68mile round trip
2) Wait and see if my 16 screen cinema can find time to fit it in between JLS 3D :o and 100,000 showings of Pirates of the Caribean. >:(
3) Hope a dodgy individual offers me a copy on DVD at a pub / DIY store / Supermarket car park. :thinking: :no:
4) Don't bother watching it. :no:

Looks like a 68 mile round trip is on the cards, followed by a trip to my LOCAL >:( cinema to discuss just what the :censored: they think they are playing at.

I downloaded it. I will still buy the DVD once it is released, but i didn't want to travel to England or to the Netherlands to see the movie in cinemas, cause they won't show it here in Belgium.

I downloaded it. I will still buy the DVD once it is released, but i didn't want to travel to England or to the Netherlands to see the movie in cinemas, cause they won't show it here in Belgium.

I find that strange, Belgium is home to the greatest motor racing circuit in the world that is used by F1, Belgium is part of the sport's history, it really should be being played there >:(

Not going to ask where you downloaded it from.........:whistle:

Although I'm happy with the TV and cinema system I have set up, the thought of seeing F1 cars on the big screen is to much to miss out on.

One reason why I don't really want to see this film is I have been told it is biased, of course it's a Senna movie, but I don't like that idea.

Although I will be watching it either in cinema or when it comes out on DVD. :)

Slyboogy

I've also heard that it doesn't show Prost in a very good light, but I'll choose to ignore that element as I know it not to be true.

Films and footage are fantastic but you can't tell the full picture in 90mins of screen time, for the casual fan then I'm sure it's a fantastic documentary, for those wishing to learn more about Senna and that period then it will be equally enjoyable but I would urge people to balance it by reading the numerous books available.

I still can't wait to see it :D

It's well worth picking up a copy of Top Gear magazine that has a half hour DVD included (terrible magazine mind you)

Back
Top Bottom