Current Sebastian Vettel

Lots of threads have alluded to having a discussion about the current world champion so lets get it all off our collective chests (oooeer!)

Lots has been has been written about this young man from his testing debut with BMW Sauber in 2006 aged just 19 - he then progressed to the the toro rosso team for his first full race season in 2008 - the memorable race being his drive in the wet at Fuji where he managed to rear end his future team mate Mark Webber who said ""It's kids isn't it... kids with not enough experience – they do a good job and then they :censored: **** it all up." - Little was Mark to know he would be paired with the "Kid" just 2 years later.

His maiden win came at the 2008 Italian GP where he qualified up from, the race started under the safety car in the rain and the young German led from start to finish in the Toro Rosso - becoming the youngest winner of a grand prix ever.

Then we enter the era of the Red Bull. In 2009 he joined the Red Bull team, which got off to a torrid start as he managed to crash into Kubika in Australia, a feat he would go on to repeat during the 09 season.

Last year needs no mention........

So to the crux of the matter. Is Sebastian Vettel?

the real deal, the baby schumi, the new pretender - a genuine racer? - aka Wunderkind

or

A very quick driver, who lucked into a very fast car and can bang it on pole and lead from lights to flag and be the quickest pilot of a car, yet can't overtake for toffee? aka WunOrAother

035336-pn-image-sport-sebastian-vettel.jpg

as much as i disagree with this, i did predict this way back that he should go to racing point

vettel been poor for 2 years every since he chucked away the 2018 title in germany & italy. been 7yrs since he was the best driver on the grid. so it cant be on form.

Brogan - Vettel reminds me of Alboreto (albeit with 4 very big differences)... wins with unfancied (at the time) teams (Toro Russo/Tyrrell), a move to Ferrari for 6 years, where they come close to winning the title, then outclassed by young new driver (Leclerc/Berger), then moving to unfancied machinery... (actually, Vettel and Raikkonen have a lot in common as well)

I think Vettel's current issues are probably more psychological than they are related to the car. You have to hope that having more support at Aston Martin will give his career an Indian summer in the way Piquet's did at Benetton.

Whilst I never particularly warmed to Perez, he is undoubtedly a great talent, and Vettel getting the Aston Villa drive (I know), given that Stroll was never going to get dropped, does not really show any real respect for Perez's ability.

To be honest, I hope that the team disappear into midfield obscurity...

I really like Perez and can’t understand racing point ( Aston Martin) 🤷‍♀️ dumping him for Vettel.
I hope Perez gets a good drive, he’s worthy of one. Maybe he could go to RedBull?
Oops this is Vettel thread. Well maybe Racing Point want an easy partner for Stroll who doesn’t keep showing him up.

Vettel seems to be implying that he's deliberately been given a slower car.

But on the other hand, it’s obvious the other car is much faster.

Where I lose time? I’ve been biting my tongue all year long. Some idiot might never figure it out but am I a complete idiot? I doubt it.

At some point you should be lucky and hit the limit. I never hit it and if I do, then only with a lot of difficulty. On the other side [of the garage] it looks much easier.

Back
Top Bottom