Head To Head Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo

Also would it be in Red Bull's interest to full back Ricciardo for the driver's title now Vettel is going from tomorrow so team orders could be interesting

How wide do you think Ricciardo's smile is right now? He's gone from taking an RBR seat that a number of people questioned was the right move for Red Bull and inside one season, he's taken 3 good race wins, stuck it to a four time world champion and ended the season thinking he could be team number one in, what could be, Adrian Newey's last flick of the pen before he steps back from front line designing. I thinkk it's safe to say the boy's done good.

Not as wide as Kvyat's (metaphorically speaking, literally is impossible) when he got to work this morning!

They raised a good point on the Beeb today. If Horner was only told last night that Seb was going, how did they manage to jump in for Kvyat so fast?? It would seem as if the "last night" story was only that his move was confirmed. Somehow I think RBR have known for some time that their boy was looking at pastures new and Kvyat may have already been put on standby.

Red Bull drivers either make it quickly or they are out. I hope that Jos Verstappen can guide Max on how to handle F1 because there won't be a senior* driver to help him.

* in the RBR context it means a driver who has had more than half a season in F1.

Well, since Red Bull seem to have a policy of only hiring in-house now they only had two options - Kvyat or Vergne. And they've forgotten that Vergne exists.
In actual fact it was only one option after they announced that Vergne would be replaced by Verstappen next season. That decision meant Red Bull and Vergne would part ways after this season and an about-turn just wouldn't suit Red Bull.

So we are almost at the point where we can conclude that Ricciardo has won this vs. battle. Now wouldn't it be great to see Ricciardo take on Alonso or Hamilton?

cider_and_toast i think you will find a broader grin on Webber's face that Vettel is leaving Red Bull .
There must be a big party in Australia right now that one of their most hated is being driven out of the team by an Aussie

I know Vettel said he was not running away from Red Bull because he was getting beat

Be interesting to see the exaggerated Aussie media headlines on the back pages...I expect something like Ricciardo drives Vettel out of Red Bull

Danny Ric wins his big fight in 2014 but next year - when we're all on the DR vs DK thread - it will be a very different story for him as he will be the experienced driver expected to be number 1 with DK being the youngster everyone has doubts about.

RasputinLives I agree Dani Kyvat until this season was unheard of - well surprise choice to be promoted but Da Costa did not grab his chances in WSR to get promoted

Yes the tables will turn for DR to expect to deliver which should be interesting in a non Newey designed chassis but with probably more Renault power you'd think

Back
Top Bottom