Schumacher, Alonso & 130R

He also started to loosing to Alonso as the importance of family started to weigh a little more heavily on his mind. Remember 130R. :snigger:

As Schumacher's first child was born in 1997, his second was born in 1999, Alonso didn't come into F1 unti 2001, and the incident you mentioned didn't happen until 2006 other than filling your quota of having to mention Alonso in every post I'm not sure what relevance your point is.

Unless you are suggesting that the birth of Vettels first child will effect him but we'll have to wait 9 years until 2023 season?

RasputinLives ….. My posting wasn't about Alonso it was about Schumacher. Thank you teabagyokel, you picked up on the comment Alonso made after his pass at 130R, which was why I mentioned him. Your true to form RasputinLives, you always miss when I'm having a little fun. I even mentioned to Jen when I entered this thread I was having a bit of fun, this usually indicates "don't take too seriously". :crazy:

Last edited:
As Schumacher's first child was born in 1997, his second was born in 1999, Alonso didn't come into F1 unti 2001, and the incident you mentioned didn't happen until 2006 other than filling your quota of having to mention Alonso in every post I'm not sure what relevance your point is.

Unless you are suggesting that the birth of Vettels first child will effect him but we'll have to wait 9 years until 2023 season?
If you read my short reply again you'll realize the Schumacher reference I made regarding family responsibilities was referring to later in his career during his battles in 2006 with a driver who's name I won't mention as it appears to antagonize you. :dizzy:

Possibly the 130R moment could be evidence for a possible fillip to the next young buck - the chunk in the armour Alonso saw in invincible Schumacher could be the chunk in the armour of Vettel seen by a confident childless charger - Magnussen, maybe? Hamilton, even?

I don't think that move was all that special especially since the Benetton was running an illegal mass damper system, didn't Villeneuve do the same thing to Micheal in 97 and haven't loads of drivers passed round the slight bend since?

Last edited:
I don't think that move was all that special especially since the Benetton was running an illegal mass damper system, didn't Villeneuve do the same thing to Micheal in 97 and haven't loads of drivers passed round the slight bend since?
Going round the outside of 130R may not be special in your eyes, not so according to most commentators at the time. As one said the slight bump Alonso would have felt had they touched, would have been the last thing he felt, EVER!!!!!!! :o

I think you meant Renualt when you referred to the mass damper, which incidentally was never illegal at any time it was raced. When the FIA banned it after Ferrari's protest they removed it. Next year of course Ferrari used their own version of a mass damper which never had a ruling against it. Surprise surprise. :whistle:

Last edited:
I'm sure the 130R incident happened in 2005 not in 2006.

When the trio of Alonso, Raikkonen and Schumacher all came through the field that day,

I somewhat agree, it was great, but you know Schumacher was going to back down since Alonso had the much faster car while the Ferrari wasn't at all great. I'm sure someone else did it in the same race and got no recognition for it.

As about 3 years after the 130R incident Schumacher nearly took himself and Barrichello to an early grave via the pit wall in Budapest I don't see it as evidence of him losing a ruthless streak due to family and I think we're clutching at straws if we think that Seb Vettel is going to think twice about taking a corner just becauae he's a new dad.

Just to point out the name Alonso doesn't antognise me I'm just continually amazed at how you seem to be able to reference him and Ferrari in whatever topic is being discussed. For example the Vettel is a dad topic is suddenly the Alonso did something awesome once in 2005 topic.

Going round the outside of 130R may not be special in your eyes, not so according to most commentators at the time. As one said the slight bump Alonso would have felt had they touched, would have been the last thing he felt, EVER!!!!!!! :o

I think you meant Renualt when you referred to the mass damper, which incidentally was never illegal at any time it was raced. When the FIA banned it after Ferrari's protest they removed it. Next year of course Ferrari used their own version of a mass damper which never had a ruling against it. Surprise surprise. :whistle:
Their own version of a mass damper..... which is technically different and complied with the rules. I think the issue in 2006 was that the mass damper which Renault and Ferrari were using a the time was considered to be an aero dynamical moveable device.
The device Ferrari and McLaren had developed is similar in the way it works and is still being used today. It is called an Inerter......

I'm sure the 130R incident happened in 2005 not in 2006.

When the trio of Alonso, Raikkonen and Schumacher all came through the field that day,

I somewhat agree, it was great, but you know Schumacher was going to back down since Alonso had the much faster car while the Ferrari wasn't at all great. I'm sure someone else did it in the same race and got no recognition for it.

I was just watching the 2005 race at Suzuka yesterday, and during the post race interview with Alonso regarding his pass on Schumacher at 130R.......Fernando said that if the championship hadn't been already decided in his favor, he never would have tried to make that pass on Michael.

Lewywo4 - That's Fernando all over, always keeping the scoreboard ticking over - a second here, a third there - he's third on the F1 all-time podiums list, and he is second on the all-time bottom steps list, only one behind Michael Schumacher!

After seeing Kubica's crash a year later, I really doubt it would have been the last thing Alonso would have felt Kewee.
I was quoting a comment from an article in the British magazine 'Motorsport' written by one of their many leading journalists. Just one point the accident Kubica suffered was at a significantly slower speed than the near 200mph of 130R. 130R is one of the last places a driver wants to chance his life.

I just watched that video and it seems to me that Alonso was past Schumacher before they even got to 130R in fact Alonso almost managed to make the apex of the bend he was that far past him in other words Micheal let him through and so in real terms it wasn't even an overtake well it was but it can only just be classed as one...

Which explains Alonsos comment about Michael having two children to worry about which translated means, he let me through...

Last edited:
No i'm being serious Micheal gave the position up I have no doubt in my mind about that even Brundle says as much in the commentary you don't even have to run the video to see that Alonso is already past the screen shot shows only Alonso Michael is not in view and he hasn't even arrived at the 130R yet...

Last edited:
I don't think Micheal was frightened, the fact is he had lost the corner even before they got there and so backed out of it sometimes that is what you have to do I'm not saying it wasn't a half decent move I'm just saying I've seen better and I just don't know what all the fuss is about.

Back
Top Bottom