Rubens Barrichello

Now here's a driver who polarises opinion. A really nice bloke or a bitter man who should have grown a pair at Ferrari instead of bitching about it after he left. The most experienced driver ever in F1 but now, perhaps, past his sell by date? A brilliant car sorter who helped Jenson Button realise his title ambitions at Brawn or someone who failed to take an opportunity when it came his way?

Rubens Barrichello:

314 GP starts
11 wins (No. 25 in the list of GP winners - ahead of Ronnie Petersen but behind Alan Jones)
14 poles
17 fastest laps

Everyone's favourite No.2? The best choice Williams could could have made to lead there team or would they be better off without him?

Those 2 1994 bars show that only Scumacher's Benetton B194 had traction and launch control.

That 2003 bar is what Rubens ought to have used as a launching point for cutting a Number 1 deal elsewhere.

[Williams had a World Championship in that '03 car but had one inconsistent driver (Montoya) and one useless one (Ralf Schumacher). Barrichello could have convinced Frank to sign him. Also, Coulthard got annhilated by Raikkonen in '03...so there was opportunity at Woking too.]

Oh well, at least his bank manager was happy that he stayed on an extra 2 years at Maranello.

Nice to see Rubens get his own thread.

I'm on the fence with Rubens. At times i think he's a good asset to a team, then the next he looks like he's had enough.

I think Rubens probably realistically only has next season and i believe he'll be out of Williams, if he can't push them forward they'll start looking for the next best thing and Maldando will become the new number 1. Plus i think Rubens has had his turn and now its about time he lets someone else live their dream.

Those 2 1994 bars show that only Scumacher's Benetton B194 had traction and launch control.

Sorry Ray, that is pure cack. The B194 never had traction control. The FIA investigation proved this. Launch control was in the software menu options, but was not proved to have been used, or even possible to use. I have menu options in xp and vista that don't work......

I think his "podium dance" is a throwback to an incident when he slipped and nearly fell over rather than actually being a dance.
I'm well over 40 and I look a **** on a daily basis.

Nah he does more than that he walks around as if he is a toddler or something watched some of the F1 2009 review because of the 4 week break he does it there pretty retarded especially when he keeps doing it...

I think his "podium dance" is a throwback to an incident when he slipped and nearly fell over rather than actually being a dance.
I'm well over 40 and I look a **** on a daily basis.

Sorry, a bit off topic

I think that's true of anyone who loves anarcho - punk bands from the 80s. Crass, zoundz, the mob (my favourites). The Mrs doesn't understand......:rolleyes:

Only going by the avatar of course. You may be a Take That fan with a penchant for cool graphics...8-)

Yes I seem to remember MS replaced MS and didn't he out drive and beat Irvine in a race? And had to pull over, would be interesting to see Salos comparison with Irvine :)

I think it shows that Lehto and and Jos were pure cack in an F1 car and if you look at the rest of their careers you can see that.

Johnny Herbert's performances stood up well compared really. I always thought he was perfect partner for Schumi at Benneton - was never going to beat him but had enough about him to pick a victory up for the team if all went wrong with their number one guy. Be interested to see how Herbert stood agains Barrichello the year they were team-mates.

Well he certainly didn't have the devices in 95 when JH was there so sometimes I think people see what they want to see from stats.

Anyway Rubens - doesn't he look like Kelsey Grammer?

I remember him dicing round Silverstone with DC in F3(in the days you used to get to watch it on Grandstand!). He looked amazing then and I was quite excited about him coming into F1 - alwasy thought he'd win the championship one day. Alas it wasn't to be!

Interesting thing to look at - Rubens has never left a team in a worst state than it was when he joined. Although Williams might break that mould.

Since this is Rubens' thread it seems only fair to put up his career chart, since I've done Michael's:

RB_teammates.jpg

Back
Top Bottom