Romain Grosjean

Was drafted into F1 with not an ounce of testing and replaced Nelson Piquet Jr in the middle of 2009 when he was possibly on route to becoming the GP2 Champion that season, which went to Nico Hulkenburg.

In his 7 races in F1 he failed to impress and the no in-season testing rule didn't help his course. Plus having Fernando Alonso as his teammate couldn't have helped either.

In 2010 Grosjean went to do Auto GP, before returning back to GP2 on July 20th for a few guess appearances for DAM'S. But in 2011 Grosjean was given a full-time drive by DAM'S for the 2011 GP2 series and went on to become the 2011 GP2 Champion.

My question is will Grosjean get a drive for 2012? Plus how far can this guy go if he gets into F1?

listening to grosjean on the grid. how he was going to give up racing to be a chef post Renault sacking but when he went to enroll he was told he was too old. the GT1 rang him up later that day & he accepted. then later that year DAMS rang him up saying we know if its the car or driver that slow. impressed got paid GP2 drive & the rest is history

but he gave his view on the 2012 incidents. he says Japanese gp was the worst because he was at fault & mark webber wanted to punch him, he says he had no defence, almost said go on I deserve it. bit interestingly he says he still disputes that he was at fault in spa & shouldn't have been banned as Hamilton should've given him more room. in that spilt second he happy with decision he took. I still disagree with grosjean but interested to get other opinions

Grosjean was at fault in Spa but a lot of the fall-out was ridiculous. Bernie going on about him having 'peripheral vision problems' and Grosjean having to get 'treatment' was demeaning. I'm glad he gave Alonso a fright.

Funny thing is that they give a reasoning of his multiple first-lap crashes for ban but they had never penalized Grosjean earlier with smaller penalty.

I was just reading about that on the BBC website - Grosjean's burnt-out F1 car to go on show

_128698416_car.jpg

Back
Top Bottom