Red Bull announces Vettel's departure

siffert_fan Ferrari have been in F1 since the beginning of the official F1 world championships - there is glamour attached to its history and association with F1

They have history of being in a political mess and that wont change . It takes a special driver to get them to put aside their internal differences towards a common goal with a very disciplined organised and driven approach - so quite how Kimi Raikkonen fits into Ferrari is a mystery considering they were scathing of these qualities that were missing from him compared to ALonso

Yes the timing for Vettel is not great - he's getting beat by Ricciardo and admits this year's Red Bull does not suit him but Ferrari came up with a mad offer £120m over 3 years which makes him the highest paid driver on the grid

If he stayed at Red Bull and got beaten by Ricciardo again then most certainly he would not still be able to command such wage

- it was too good to turn down

Whether he can sort out the mess they are in remains to be seen

I'm sure he could do the former (should he decide to stay) but am sceptical about the latter.

Aren't Seb and Kimi supposed to be best friends? Well, let's see if that works should Kimi remain at Ferarri and Seb joins them!

i haven't seen the idea mentioned anywhere but would it be totally out of the question to suggest Adrian Newey could now be the target of a renewed bid from Ferrari? Vettel on the verge on joining might give him a new perspective, and it would certainly not be the first time a successful driver/engineer partnership follow ech other onto a rival team?

I know it's unlikely Newey would be lured out of his semi-retirement but far stranger things have happened in F1.

I think his remarks this season have made it clear that he is fed up with the current rules of F1 and wants to take on a new challenge.
I guess he would only return after a minimum of two years away from F1.

Newey had always wanted to do the America's Cup so I think his focus will be on that and he will only be lured back by Red Bull because I think the politics at Ferrari would stifle him

Back
Top Bottom