Newey Leaving Red Bull

I bet Red Bull faces
Shocked Genie GIF

i know they have to outwardly have that delusion. but i think the dad knows its highly unlikely he will ever be champion. because he couldnt beat vettel or alonso. there always going to be a superstar either as a teammate or in another car. in similar machinery he isnt going to beat norris, russell, max, lewis, leclerc, sainz even albon

i think theyve settled for winning races now & if lance wins the Canadian gp amongst 7-8 races in his career. the team wins a drivers title Lawrence will consider all the time & effort enough

It's no difference to Ferrari. He wants the constructors championship to flog more cars.

Success for his son is a bonus.
The brand needs it. Nobody takes Aston seriously as a sportscar brand. Most people I know will spend $250k on a 911 Turbo S before they would consider an Aston. They need to be more than a less luxurious Bentley.

Aston Martin have always made very good GT's but always front engined, the are a very discrete car, not full in your face, Astons don't come in bright red or yellow as a standard colour, that probably is their downfall as Bentley moved into their domain when they split from Rolls Royce. Perhaps under Stroll and Newey a mid engined two seater, whether Aston Martin will continue with Mercedes engines in their GT cars when the F1 team switch to Honda, but could swap to the new Honda 5 litre V8 marine engine, normally vehicle engines are converted to marine use but there's no reason why it can't work the opposite way round

Aston is worth over $1bn right so Lawrence can cash in. They say Newey usually gets what he wants so how about Verstappen replacing Lance Stroll to create a super team

Last edited:
lance stroll is going nowhere until he was at least won races. if his dad didnt sack him after he cost him finishing 2nd in constructors last yr. he is going nowhere.

lance stroll is going nowhere until he was at least won races. if his dad didnt sack him after he cost him finishing 2nd in constructors last yr. he is going nowhere.
That makes the other seat interesting if a top driver is available and Alonso doesn't deliver. Also when will Honda put pressure about Tsunoda getting a seat.

Lawrence Stroll has sold some of his stake so be interesting who wants a piece of the pie at AM

Newey joins March 2025 and has a stake in the team. British Racing Green Aston Martin and Newey sounds he is trying to bring back memories of Colin Chapman

Last edited:
I am very excited to see how he and Alonso will work together at Aston Martin. Will we see them winning a race in the next season? They both have what it takes to be on the top but they have a long way to go to be able to beat Red Bull, McLaren, and Ferrari.

Back
Top Bottom