QWC 2012

Although it's not a perfect comparison (as it only counts top 10s), I did a quick calculation of the conversion from qualifying to race points (I excluded Williams, because Senna's 1550% badly skews the numbers).

Force India: 169%
Ferrari: 159%
Sauber: 138%
Lotus: 121%
Toro Rosso: 111%
Red Bull: 91%
McLaren: 80%
Mercedes: 65%

Forgive me mnmracer but I'm not sure how you got those numbers. I think maybe you've taken the average of both drivers in the team? If you simply take the ratios of the constructors points in both championships then you get this instead:

conversion.PNG

Most are the same/similar, but there are some big differences like Toro Rosso and the Williams result isn't a crazy outlier.

Of course this is all skewed by the fact that the front running teams have the most to lose from retirements etc. so you might expect the midfield teams to be above them anyway.

Sorry sushifiesta, you're right. Just a quick doodle in Excel (I like doodling in Excel ^_^).
Like I said, you'd have to do something with all positions to get very accurate numbers, but this works pretty well for the top teams. It confirms what we've pretty much expected all year: Red Bull and Mercedes have better qualfiying pace, Ferrari, Sauber and Lotus have better race pace. McLaren's numbers look pretty skewed because of their reliability issues.

Back
Top Bottom